I'm sending a letter to the teacher.

Re: I\'m sending a letter to the teacher.

Good news
clap.gif
The teachers husband is also a hunter. She told my wife at the school sock hop last night that she agreed that it was definately anti hunting and she will no longer use that sheet for her classes. She will also watch for the same type of false info more closely from that worksheet source. Appologized and told the wife to thank me for the input.

[ QUOTE ]
If only it were so simple with Disney and Hollywood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting you would mention that. My kids just got a boodle of disney videos when grandma and grandpa came to visit for easter. The one video my youngest enjoys is the fox and the hound. During the watching of the video I pointed out to my son that the nice old lady that tries to protect the fox from the mean old hunter at one point disarms the hunter during a legal persuit of game and breaks the law by shooting the hunters vehicle and then shoves a loaded weapon in his chest and threatens him. I explained that she should go to jail and that we would never point a loaded gun at someone in that sort of a situation. Then I explained that the fox and the hound would never be friends in real life. The fox would never save the hound from the grizzly bear either. Later the same week we were watching a show on crocodiles and I pointed out that while crossing a river, the zebra that was being held in the crocks jaws would not be assisted by any of the hundreds of zebras swimming quickly by. What he saw on the cartoon was a made up story and animals dont normally behave that way. Some will protect their young but a fox won't help a hound dog.

Talk about taking one for the team.

That's exactly what I needed. That is going in my favorites list just in case I need it again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I tell ya the anti hunting propaganda is so thick in these movies it nearly makes me gag.

Some examples I've seen with my kids:
Brother Bear
Happy Feet
Bambi
Fern Gully
Open Season

There's loads more. Seems like every one that comes out is thick with this crap. They all bother me. I have talks with my kids about 'em too.

What's scarier is gay/lesbian stuff. It's in everything. Well, I suppose this isn't something we want to discuss on this forum.

Good job with the teachers letter. I've had similar experiences.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.