Bear Meets 375 Rum Pics!

My first bear was 7' sq, choc phase, just missed B&C, 503#
When you kill a bear that big for your first it makes all other small, welcome to the club:D

My first bear was 7' sq, choc phase, just missed B&C, 503#
When you kill a bear that big for your first it makes all other small, welcome to the club:D

7'3" x 7'3" dark chocolate, just shy of black-19 11/16, we shoot a lot of meatheads here. LOL. Plus side is the way taxidermy has gone up I haven't had to mount another one, and I don't worry much about rubs. B&C Black Bear may be the toughest one of the bunch.

That is an extremely rare black bear. Congratulations! 22.5" is a monster black bear skull and will place you up in the highest company in Wyoming state records for sure. Make sure you treat that skull right. Having it properly treated will ensure that it maintains it's best measurement.

As stated before, an all time BC black bear may be the hardest record to achieve and you've done it. Put it in the books and claim your fame. This one will be hard to top. I'm not a BC record seeker, but if I killed a 22"+ black bear he would **** sure go in the book.

Again, congrats! Fantastic bear!

Awesome bear! How much does he weigh?

A buddy of mine killed a 1200lb grizzly and mounted him like this....

Attachments

• Vapor Trail 038.jpg
    Vapor Trail 038.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 94
ICAN and Trebark. We estimated him at around 450ish... its only a guess though. it took everything me and dad had to roll him over while skinning.

That 375 RUM is a rifle I bought last fall. It was an LSS I put a B&C Medalist stock on it, a timney tgrigger, callahan speedlock, CSR brake and an extended magazine box. I dont think I have done a thread on it before. It shoots really well and has kinda become one of my favorite rifles. This Bear was the rifles first kill, so it was a pretty cool way to break it in.

I have been playing around with my Rem 700 LSS in 375RUM this morning = decided to do some online searches and found this thread.

That sir is one awesome black bear congrates I have only ever seen one that large = 2 springs ago in south western British Columbia, Canada had my 3 year old son with me so I didn't get a chance to get near it was packing my 375RUM as well.

My rifle is set up a bit different than yours though I do a lot of hiking/prospecting/hunting so I had the factory barrel shortened to 21" and a NECG Masterpiece banded front sight/post installed I installed a magnum model Kick-Eez recoil pad glass bed it and adjusted the trigger to 3lbs.

when I want to use the rifle for defense I install an XS Sights tall Weaver backup ghost ring sight on the rear Leupold QRW scope base I have this set up for 350gr TSX @ 2450fps when I want to hunt beyond 200 yards I pop off the ghost ring site and install my Leupold VX111 4.5-14X40mm B&C reticle scope on loaded with 260gr Accubonds I am good out to 500 yards.

Yep the 375RUM is a very versitile cartridge...

Can you tell me about the extended mag box you installed?

Once again that is one awesome black bear.

Thanks Moki, I do love the 375 rum, the more I play with it the more I like it. the extended magazine box is made by wyatts, they cost about $25-$30 your gunsmith will nees to mill the magazine cut in the bottom of the action for it to fit then take the bolt stop back a little but its a pretty easy process and doesnt alter the look of the gun at all. it does give you quite a bit more magazine length though.

Thanks for the info I'll look into it.

I've had 2 Rem 700 LSS 375RUM's now I've only shot one bear with my basically stock first 375RUM had it loaded with 300gr Partitions @ 2775fps shot it June 1 2008 distance was 230 - 250 yards.

I finally got the skull measured by the British Columbia and Boone & Crockett scorers last week end it is an interior grizzly which are usually a lot smaller than coastal grizzlies skull officially scored @ 24 3/16" makes it eligible for both the British Columbia min 23" & Boone & Crockett min 24" record books.

Scorer told me that in the 4 years I had it sitting in a plastic tote that it probably shrunk 2/16" - 3/16" so do not wait to long to get your bear officially scored.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts