Bear Meets 375 Rum Pics!

Thats a great bear.You will have a hard time besting that one. A friend of mines kid shot one just like it but slightly darker,F&G estimated him at 20 also,in todays paper I noticed. I have put the skulls on a plaque,that sites at about a 30-45 degree angle to the wall.Looks nice for a big nogging like that one.

Hey Tikka,
That is a dang good bear. Really avid bear hunter myself. That is the same size as my biggest bear & it is a RUSH!
Keep up with the photos.
Thanks, Kirk

I've been able to see quite a few bear up close and personal and that's a good bear.
Congratulations.

PS: considering you were hunting over bait - you sure you had enough gun? :)

I tried looking up the BC Black Bear record for WY, but failed. 22" is up there in pretty limited company. A taxidermist I know has processed 10000+ skills, only one made the 21" mark. Canadian guide I know well has been shooting 50 bears a year for 1 over 21". Good call on the life size. What went through your mind when he got up? Seriously congratulations, and thanks for sharing the story.

I've not been fortunate enough to see a color phase bb yet. Congratulations to you!

Just curious why the big gun for black bear though?

Thanks Carl, I tried looking up the wyoming record too but had no luck. When He got up I was suprised because the 375 flattened him so fast but he was up in an instant and dissappeared, I was pretty sure he was not going anywhere too far away with a lengthwise .375 hole in him. Where he turned to leave it looked like someone had turned a skid-steer around in that spot, apparently he was in a hurry!

Derek, I actually only had 1 bear on my site this year that wasnt a color Phase, the Game Warden said a lot of color phase bears have been taken this year.

I'm disappointed it took me this long to hear about your good luck (Out of state for work). :rolleyes:

I was pulling for ya, that is awesome you lucky dog.......:D

Good decision on the mount in the same stance as you shot, I really like that idea. I got some pretty good laughs at the "why the big gun?" question.

I'll answer that for Mike, "Why the heck not?" :rolleyes: Gotta get blood on it sometime :D

Well done Mike,

I didnt see the "why the big gun" question Outlaw pretty much answered for me. The motor head guys say "There is no replacement for displacement" well I agree. I dont know why that is even a question. When choosing a gun I ask only one question "Is it big enough" cause too big doesnt exist.

I didnt see the "why the big gun" question Outlaw pretty much answered for me. The motor head guys say "There is no replacement for displacement" well I agree. I dont know why that is even a question. When choosing a gun I ask only one question "Is it big enough" cause too big doesnt exist.

Can I get a amen!

The crushing effect of big calibers has to be seen to be believed. Many calibers will kill game big calibers just do it better.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.