Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

Sorry for all the guys who love SW. I've got a BPS 15 mins away and 5 mons from where I used to work. Would go in and check on things over lunch. They always price matched Midway so I really didn't care what price they put on the sign. Powder selectuon was "meh" but it was local. Bullet selection was pretty good, they usually had what I needed in Hornady, Nosler or Barnes. If I wanted to look at a gun or scope the counter guy was knowledgeable enough to hand it to me and thats all I need. As a bigger guy their clothes fit me better than most. I never like to see less choices for the consumer over more, but at the same time I'm not going to stress about something I can't change. We just got an Academy near me ill be more inclined to check out, but I'll still be checking BPS regularly.

Grand daughter's half-sister worked at Cabelas here in Augusta when they got eaten by BP.
Her salary went from $18 fulltime/benefits to $12 part/time @35hrs/no benefits.. Cabelas
now reminds me of Cracker Barrel w/o a restaurant. No Sportsman Warehouse in Augusta.
One in Columbia an hr away. There's also Palmetto State Arms down the street from
Sportsmans Warehouse in Columbia. People stand in line to get in PSA..

The Cabelas in League City Texas rocked when it first opened. They had a larger selection of stuff an outdoorsman would want. The bargain basement was the best and they had layaway.

Bass Pro ruined the store. Now it's all box store crap. The bargain cave is gone. Reloading supplies are slim. Prices now are higher than academy. I don't even like shopping there any more.

Hope sportsman's warehouse doesn't change.

locally you can't get help. You will see 4-5 employees standing together, leaning on a clothes rack, talking, but not offering anyone help. I have listened in, and it is NOT shop talk. Cabela's and Scheel's offer used guns, Bass Pro here does not. I also see very limited choices, and that was before all this current situation kicked in. I know there are always a few good workers in most stores, but how do you find them?

Wow... our government, too busy trying to remove Constitutional rights, isn't doing a great job of stopping the vast monopolization of every industry in the past couple decades. Why does Disney need to own... everything? Why does BPS need to own Cabela's and now Sportsman's? Totally unnecessary and eliminates competition.

Grand daughter's half-sister worked at Cabelas here in Augusta when they got eaten by BP.
Her salary went from $18 fulltime/benefits to $12 part/time @35hrs/no benefits.. Cabelas
now reminds me of Cracker Barrel w/o a restaurant. No Sportsman Warehouse in Augusta.
One in Columbia an hr away. There's also Palmetto State Arms down the street from
Sportsmans Warehouse in Columbia. People stand in line to get in PSA..

And now they use Indian call centers for customer service. You gotta hand ol' Johnny Morris a hand when it comes to cost cutting and profit maximization! I'm sorry about your granddaughter's loss of wages.

Everyone, please write your federal politicans. Don't mention stuff about the guns and ammo and reloading supplies, especially if they're Dems... but hound them about their inability to stop monopolization. It has to end.

I in my area of PA we are blessed to have several good local People owned gun shops and several others same driving distance as going to either Bass Pro or Cabela's, I stopped shopping Bass Pro many years ago and Cabela's awhile before Bass Pro bought them out, price and quality of merchandise. I am a small business owner and I shop small business. Support your local Shops, any small business has it tough on incoming freight, and to all service is KING. Most Chain Stores have their day in the sun and pass. The locally owned shops, soldier on, support them.

Bass pro is a f'n joke! I quit going to cabelas due to their junk self branded products after the merger. They don't stock crap for reloading or serious shooters anyway. They're just chewing up the competition and increasing market share. I pray Scheels stays strong and refuses to sell out to these idiots. They have quality brand name products and high end components in all categories from golf, to guns to snowmobile gear. Great stores! Bass pro would be my last resort on earth for anything.

LANGUAGE WARNING

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.