Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

Playing the stock market is neither illegal or evil. Th liquidity it provides is GOOD...not bad. If youi think otherwise, you know NOTHING about investing and are just reinforcing the image of gun owners as hicks and bubbas. Go get some bookss and learn something.
jimisbell, To whom are you referring to in your post? If you were referring to me, treeslug, I make most of my income from the stock market. I said nothing about the stock market being illegal or evil. I said Sidney, Nebraska is toast, and most of its residents are jobless as well. I also stated that Cabelas has changed for the worse. If you were not referring to me, I stand by my statements, anyway.

Eh I'll be shopping at Scheels or online.
employee owned
Although I wish they would take a bit more care in packing bullets, their shipping is incredibly fast to Idaho.
The Sportsmans in my MO can eat a big bag of ... I used to drive the 20 miles but the employees are trash, uneducated in shooting sports, hunting and fishing. I understand they are getting first dibs on primers and powders and product does not hit the shelves. The customer service is horrible and they act like everything is a hassle and helping someone is painful.
I will continue to support our only other LGS(locally owned and awesome) which is a further drive for me when I can and when they don't have what I need I will go to Scheels, gohunt(for hunting gear) and anyone else that has powder and bullets.
Good riddance, fire em all and start over.

I was refering to no one specifically. But I will stand by my statements as well. I made much of my living in Commodities, Stocks, Options, and Real estate. If there is no liquidity in any of these markets it leads to stagnation of commerce and into depression. In every transaction, each side believes they were the winner. Obviously one of the parties IS NOT. But each transaction is entered into with high hopes for a better outcome. NONE are deliberately trying to HURT anyone.
If I offer my house for sale because I think I have found a better place for my money, and I am wrong, I become homeless. Does that make the buyer of my house evil?? Of course not. It was my fault for offering the house for sale. I dont blame either the government or the buyer for my misfortune. If someone does not buy my house and I cannot sell it I dont blame those that refused it for my failure in my favored investment.
Today we have become a nation of victims. We want every mistake we make to become someones fault other than our own. It is the result of teaching our children that there is no such thing as failure so everyone gets a trophy. If we fail, its not our fault. Blame someone else.
Trading stocks or commodities is not evil.
Without the commodity market farmers would be unable to feed the world and would still be farming with a mule and a walk behind plow. Without the stock market the sellers of a business might not be able to sell their business and would, instead decide to just close it down and fire everybody. Same result.

I was refering to no one specifically. But I will stand by my statements as well. I made much of my living in Commodities, Stocks, Options, and Real estate. If there is no liquidity in any of these markets it leads to stagnation of commerce and into depression. In every transaction, each side believes they were the winner. Obviously one of the parties IS NOT. But each transaction is entered into with high hopes for a better outcome. NONE are deliberately trying to HURT anyone.
If I offer my house for sale because I think I have found a better place for my money, and I am wrong, I become homeless. Does that make the buyer of my house evil?? Of course not. It was my fault for offering the house for sale. I dont blame either the government or the buyer for my misfortune. If someone does not buy my house and I cannot sell it I dont blame those that refused it for my failure in my favored investment.
Today we have become a nation of victims. We want every mistake we make to become someones fault other than our own. It is the result of teaching our children that there is no such thing as failure so everyone gets a trophy. If we fail, its not our fault. Blame someone else.
Trading stocks or commodities is not evil.
Without the commodity market farmers would be unable to feed the world and would still be farming with a mule and a walk behind plow. Without the stock market the sellers of a business might not be able to sell their business and would, instead decide to just close it down and fire everybody. Same result.
My three boys all understand what it is like to fail. That is why none of the three of them are failures. The selling of Cabelas may not have been avoidable, but the results of that sale have been devastating for more people than I can count. If you buy reloading supplies, you are one of those hurt by Cabelas' new management practices. Just sayin'.

I agree, but I wont use the word evil to describe it. My two daughters are successes. Did they fail on the way there? Of course, but they, also, were taught to be winners by learning from their failures. Selling a business can be bad for some while also being good for others. No black cloud is without a silver lining. Someone ALWAYS wins.

Wow, Basspro isn't that bad. There reloading section is limited but they offer ample supply of Christensen, Fierceand Kimber firearms as well as Glock and FN and many others. Many of the employees offer great help and yes some answer questions based on their limited knowledge or stubborn beliefs, but what large retailer has everything perfect. I dont go to any retail store to learn, I go to purchase what I know I want.

And hey, I work work at Basspro in Rancho Cucamonga California in the Firearms department and I can tell you that Basspro has gone way out of it's way to facilitate the craziest environment of this 2020 Covid-election year insanity.

Anyway your opinions are what they are I just thought I'd chime in with another perspective....lol
Doesn't do me much good, I have all my guns built.

Bass Pro doesn't help me either. I cant afford Fierce, Kimber, and Christen. l buy USED only. Before Cabelas was bought their used rifles were quite reasonable.. When Bass Pro took over we suddenly got Used gun Quality at New Gun PRICES

It is a real simple thing if we all stop using them things will change this is not going to happen so we just deal with it I have not purchased anything from them in a long time and will not at any time in the foreseeble future

I am a dealer. So this may be sacrilege, but most dealers I have met whether in pawn shops, gun shows, or big stores, dont know their *** from a hole in the ground about the regulations, but think they do.

I just called my closest sportmans warehouse .They had zero powder ,very few bullets and hardly any guns .I guess I could go look at the fishing stuff .The bass pro shop near me only 5 miles is empty of ammo and very little reloading stuff .They did get in 500 bags of shotgun shot and it was gone in a day . They said it would take sportmans warehouse 6 months to totally change over I sure will miss the way they were .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.