Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

Heard from a friend that our local Sportman's got in a shipment of primers this past week and the employee's bought them all. None made it to the floor.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!! It can't be true. Make it stop. I think we are going to have to have a stimulus package from bass pro if they want us to shop there. This really sucks.

Wow, Basspro isn't that bad. There reloading section is limited but they offer ample supply of Christensen, Fierceand Kimber firearms as well as Glock and FN and many others. Many of the employees offer great help and yes some answer questions based on their limited knowledge or stubborn beliefs, but what large retailer has everything perfect. I dont go to any retail store to learn, I go to purchase what I know I want.

And hey, I work work at Basspro in Rancho Cucamonga California in the Firearms department and I can tell you that Basspro has gone way out of it's way to facilitate the craziest environment of this 2020 Covid-election year insanity.

Anyway your opinions are what they are I just thought I'd chime in with another perspective....lol
Sorry to disagree, been in the Rancho store many times before moving out of CA, never once talked to a knowledgeable person at the gun counter. Getting someone to help you was always a chore. Never been impressed.

Heard from a friend that our local Sportman's got in a shipment of primers this past week and the employee's bought them all. None made it to the floor.
They did that on Alaska when oboma got in .I use to drive 100 in Alaska to go to sportsmans .They were the only place that carried all reloading stuff and the kinds of shotgun shells I needed .I was told they were going to buy dicks field and steam stores all over the country .They were having a hard time right before the virus hit .I was at the one in SC and a guy just bought a new holster for his glock there .He tried it out alright .He shot his brother in the leg and himself through the hand .It took the news about two mins to get there and say it was sportsmans fault for selling the holster that didn't fit right .I don't think anyone will even try to open a new sporting goods chain now with Biden coming in !

The sportmans warehouse in Alaska pulled them out of bankruptcy .I always got good deals there and they sold no junk .The bass pro near my parents by the mall turned into a gay clothing store they reduced the hunting and gun and fishing stuff for stupid clothes to get mall people .I could as them at sportsmans to get me stuff and they did quick .I always got my powder and primers and bullets there .Cabelas got totally ruined by bas pro shop and now another store will !
Bass Pro turning into a DICK'S! Has turned the Cabalas into an other "Target, Wall-Mart! And a good part of things sold are Made in, CHINA! So long to the New DICKS!

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !
Yes we do and it's a nice place for our customers to come in for repeat sales

A bunch of SW will be closed, again. I remember when they closed the first time in Billings, MT (restructuring I believe) - a sad day! SW in St. George, UT - check your hole card....

Bad news. Bass Poo ruined Cabelas and the little town of Sidney NE. Question, is a guy named Paul Singer involved in this acquisition also? Ruthless hedge fund manager.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.