Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

Bummer! Our S.W. went out of business several years back, and in about 2 years re-opened in the same store. We were most happy to see it back ! This buyout is sad news indeed. Might explain why S.W. hasn't had much ammo and reloading supplies, along with the run on those items. With this change, we won't have much to buy from, except expensive small stores.
It's for me we have Dicks sporting goods and they don't sell any reloading supplies and now handguns. SW is a hour away but they had a good selection of both.

Wow I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Sad because Sportsman was still okay to shop at and a guy could still find some hard to find stuff there. Now it will be just a big box retailer with just the generic stuff for sale like the rest, about a half a step above Dick's

Yup, that is sad news. BP customer service is terrible! Recently at the BP in OKC I stopped to grab some broadheads, guy was stocking the shelves and literally ignored me. I finally said excuse me. I'm looking for some broadheads, don't see them. He pointed to the next isle and said "if you dont see them, we don't have them!" Turned back to stocking the shelf. My jaw dropped. I only go to BP as last option. I drive another 20 mins right past the BP going to Cabelas!

The Email I received from sportsman was that they merged for more buying power and will remain a independently run company. I really hope thats the case I also prefer sportsman over cabelas and bass pro. I really wish they would put one in charlotte or north charlotte area.

This is terrible Bass pro is the worst, they have ruined Cabelas and no doubt will do the same to Sportsmans .Looks like I will continue to shop my local gun stores and go online when necessary.
You got that "RIGHT" Cabelas went down hill after that. I hardly go in there more. Available stocks are down enough as it is without this.

Terrible news. Poor customer service at BassPro. Terrible online web experience trying to buy things. Quality of Cabelas brand has deteriorated. Looks like MidwayUSA gets more of my business when this takes place.

Great. Another outlet for cheap Chinese junk. The old Cabela's used to sell mostly performance gear with good customer support. BPS ruined it.

Maybe this will trigger another look into the Cabela's acquisition. If you don't know, Google it. It was some market manipulating, borderline criminal insider trading. He made so much money I doubt they will ever touch him.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.