Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

The Email I received from sportsman was that they merged for more buying power and will remain a independently run company. I really hope thats the case I also prefer sportsman over cabelas and bass pro. I really wish they would put one in charlotte or north charlotte area.
Yea I bet that is total BS. Our local cabelas is a complete joke since bass pro took over. Initially they had a decent selection, but you knew you were going to pay full bore retail for everything. Now the selection sucks, and the prices are even higher.

Yea I bet that is total BS. Our local cabelas is a complete joke since bass pro took over. Initially they had a decent selection, but you knew you were going to pay full bore retail for everything. Now the selection sucks, and the prices are even higher.
Yeah the Bass Pro and Cabelas around here are both bad ..The cabelas which is a hr away atleast has stuff in the store and the most of the employes are nicer.

I use to get to Cabelas a couple of times a year, and finally stopped as it was farther from Hondo than BP. When I would go they never had much in the reloading dept.. Bass Pro was even worse, and prices were higher than Cabelas. They are a real disappointment.

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !
I agree, John Morris has destroyed the sportsman world in every thing he touches from boats to fishing and hunting etc. He's a billionaire that wants to control it all (sad)😠😠

When Bass Pro took over they drastically reduced the employee benefits. Vacations were reduced and the employee discounts were taken away except for a few company branded items. They also did everything they could to get the original Cabela's employees to quit so they could replace them with "Bass Pro thinking" employees. They fired many managers, 7 in one day at the Post Falls, ID store. I hardly ever go in there any more. It's like a ghost town in the store now and as I'm sure everyone has noticed on their sale flyers, there are no deals. Not even worth going in their stores.

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !
It's been a real downhill run away train! Cabelas has slipped tremendously with all the China made products and poor customer service.

This sucks for the Reno nevada area cabela's was half @$$ed at best then BPS bought them they went to junk and the Reno SW is in bad shape from miss management, so the will be a even bigger junk show. That lives Scheels and they do a OK job for reloading there gun prices are a bit high.

BANNED

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.