Barrel makers/rifle makers true barrel twist rate

If your current rifle shoots don't get hung up on the twist.
They all shoot sub moa the remington 700 will shoot one hole with amaxs and smk but I'm wanting to shoot 200 eldx or 208 eldm and 166 hh but can't if the swist is as slow as I'm measuring.im going to check them all again tonight and see if it was the nylon brush slipping

That has not been my experience, at least not to those extremes. Are you certain your brush isn't slipping. Try again with a tightly patched jag and see if you get the same results.
I rechecked all the rifles with bronze brush and tight patch and bore mop and they all ended up being with in1/8 to 1/4 inch of what I got the first time with nylon brush.i will say the christensen and winchester are closer to what they are supposed to be but the remington is definitely 1/12 or greater and it's supposed to be 1/10 and it's a 20 inch bbl.ive been winding to rebarrel it any ways so maybe this will give me the push to lol

I rechecked all the rifles with bronze brush and tight patch and bore mop and they all ended up being with in1/8 to 1/4 inch of what I got the first time with nylon brush.i will say the christensen and winchester are closer to what they are supposed to be but the remington is definitely 1/12 or greater and it's supposed to be 1/10 and it's a 20 inch bbl.ive been winding to rebarrel it any ways so maybe this will give me the push to lol
Glad to hear you seem to have had better results this time and verified that one is not as advertised.

My son had a Rem 700 LSS chambered for the 257 Weatherby mag. He was having trouble getting accuracy from the loads he was using. Asked me to try for him and right away I noticed the lighter bullets (100 gr and lighter) shot real good but the 120's and 115 Berger were not good. I checked the twist that was supposed to be 1/10 but it was 1/11.25. I then knew why the heaver ( longer) bullets would not group good. This was in about 2010.

It was originally sold as 1/10 twist and even said so on remington website when I bought it.i bought in New six years ago.the paper work and the box that it came with says 1/10
I would call Remington customer service and see if the new management/ownership will make it right. I doubt they will but it's possible if you still have your documentation or the box.

If you really want to get particular, measure the spin on the bullet after it leaves the barrel.

If a barrel twist tightens up, loosens up, or gets worn at the last couple inches, this is what is gonna determine the spin imparted on the bullet.