AR 15 barrel makers

I have 3 6.5 Grendel barrels. A Hardened arms HBAR 16" that I picked up for $100 actually shot sub MOA consistently but was too heavy. Replaced it with a Faxon gunner 16" barrel that has been exceptionally accurate with my hand loaded 123 ELDm and 107 TMK both holding .5 Moa with a 6 power scope, but it's a slow barrel. My other barrel was a custom Xcaliber 18" SS 5r barrel that was pretty solid averaging around .6 moa and had 20" barrel velocities. Only reason I'm not using it now is because I swapped it for a 20" BHW 243 LBC (6mm Grendel), which has been awesome. I really like the 6mm version better myself. Either way with the way you plan to use the rifle definitely opt for a lighter contour barrel. You really don't want to go over 34-36oz or it will feel very front heavy. Carbon fiber handgaurds are your friend there as well and feel so much better in the cold.

This is great info fellas! I appreciate all the input. I had considered the 6mm ARC pretty hard but decided I would opt for the 6.5 Grendel simply because I have three buddies shooting 6.5 Grendel's as well. I am called two of the suggested companies just need to decide between the two now. Thanks guys!

+1 on Lilja. My Hart barrels all seem to take forever to break in but they shoot once its settled. The Grendel is whole nother cartridge if you put it in a bolt gun.

Brass and barrel life is supposed to be fantastic with a Grendel. That's a great load you're running. What brass do you use?

Brass has been hard to find. I will use Hornady if I can find some otherwise I will pay a bit more for ADG or Lapua

My Odin works 18" shoots 100gr nbt's sub moa but 3" with 123 sst's. Plenty of pigs, coyotes and a couple of deer with the 100gr@2620

My Odin works 18" shoots 100gr nbt's sub moa but 3" with 123 sst's. Plenty of pigs, coyotes and a couple of deer with the 100gr@2620
It is like I said in a previous post. Many can not get the Hornady 123 SST to shoot but other rifles will shoot it great. It is feast or famine. I have had the same experience with Nosler Partition bullets in different caliber rifles. They will either shoot good or not at all.

It is like I said in a previous post. Many can not get the Hornady 123 SST to shoot but other rifles will shoot it great. It is feast or famine. I have had the same experience with Nosler Partition bullets in different caliber rifles. They will either shoot good or not at all.
If you call and ask Odin will tell you which bullets are most likely to shoot well. They guarantee 1", and mine do much better. They are a steal, all come with a $50 tunable gas block and some come with a gas tube.

I ended up ordering a Compass Lake 6.5 barrel. I did a 20 inch tactical contour. Pretty stoked to get it, I plan to shoot 107 SMK, 123 Eldm and 100 grain match monsters. I'll be trying CFE 223, accurate 2460, Tac and win 748. Wishing I had some CCI 450s but I'll make do with a basic small rifle primer.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts