Barnes LRX bullets in 6.5

I run a 24", 8 twist , cfe 223, cci 450 primers. I also shoot 100 gr ttsx at 3000 fps They also work good on deer, speed goats, and any thing else that needs to die,lol. Have only used them to 250 yards so far on game, but they drop on the spot. I will go out to 500yrds with them on speed goats becouse they die so easy.

Don't wanna be that guy but I will that 100gr load at 3000 had to be way over pressure. I'm sure you are watching for stuff but it doesn't always show. Just double check. Hornady brass seems to show pressure where it should lapua can hide a lot of pressure. Kirby has a nice post about that in the past.
Boy would I love 3000 with 99gr hammer in my grendel.

Last edited:
My Savage 260 & a friends Savage 260 with identical loads will drive the Barnes 100gr TTSX to about 3300 out of it's 22" Bbl using IMR-4350 powder & CCI #200 primers. It will put a three shot group into a very tiny size. On large mature muley's it will drive completely thru. Blood shot meat almost nothing. My 264 mags with Rel 33 will drive 120gr TSX/TTSX at 3400+ for those who want a flatter faster 6.5 bullet. My 270 ( 24" ) using 59.5grs Rel 19 right out of the Barnes manual will drive the 130gr TTSX at 3200+, also into tiny groups. Same results with my 7 mag. Pick what ever cal suits you & go with the mono brand of your choice . They Absolutely perform. Enjoy!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.