Barnes brass

Remington made R-P brass, same quality as all other Remington brass.
I like it, have used it in 300WM, 300RUM & 375H&H reformed to either STW or Weatherby cases including 375 Weatherby.
Haven't had a loose primer pocket yet…

Cheers.

These were loaded in a 300 RUM. Was reloading for a guy who shot them and reported bad accuracy. When I resized them the primer pockets were so loose you could tap the case on the bench and the primer would fall out. I contacted Barnes about it and they told me someone overloaded them. It was their factory ammo. I'm using RP brass in my 25-06. No issues whatsoever. This had a Barnes head stamp.

I bought a Browning B78 in 25-06 back at the beginning of Dec. Had dies but couldn't find brass anywhere. So I bought three boxes of Rem. Loaded ammo from Wal-Mart, pulled the bullets and reloaded with 95 grain Hammer Hunter tipped. Sent the brass through a forster neck shoulder bump die. After one firing and resize the neck I was about to Prime them when I noticed a issue. My wife knows nothing about reloading, but I handed it to her asking what's wrong with this. She has a good eye for details, and after looking for about five seconds, she said one side of the hole in the top is thinner than the other, its out of round. Give the lady a prize. Run out on one firing, this is a bushing shoulder bump die, same as I use in 7-08, 6.5 CM, it's not the die. Cheap, badly made brass! Yes, I posted before that I had no problems with the brass. That was shooting and accuracy. This run out occurred yesterday when I was reloading the first time. Wish I had some older rem brass, it was good stuff. Yes, I did anneal!

Last edited:
I'm still using 25 year old Rem Brass in my
7 and 300RUM. Yesterday I prepped 50 going on the 8th firing. A couple pockets are showing wear. In 300RUM. 😏

I agree with both of you, about the old Remington brass. The crap that I got from loaded ammo from Wal-Mart is just that. Crap! I pulled all but ten rounds of it, I used it to sight in the scope. When I was pulling the bullets I noticed they had different brands of primers. Most were the gold looking rem primers, but nine out of sixty had silver primers.

I've got a bag of Federal 270 brass, after this brass is used up I'm going to neck it down to 257. Unless I find some really good 25-06 brass somewhere. Help me out if anyone spots some.

I agree with both of you, about the old Remington brass. The crap that I got from loaded ammo from Wal-Mart is just that. Crap! I pulled all but ten rounds of it, I used it to sight in the scope. When I was pulling the bullets I noticed they had different brands of primers. Most were the gold looking rem primers, but nine out of sixty had silver primers.
I will admit that all my Rem brass is older stuff, no idea what they are making now