Ballistics caculator help

I like the Ballistic AE.. it has a library of almost all factory Ammo on the market, not to mention its relatively easy to use especially for computer illiterate people like myself. It only works on the I phone....

OP, please email ballisticxlr at gmail and I'll provide you a link to download your custom ballistics table (a freebie I do for LRH'ers that seem to need it). My app brings the following results which are within the margins of normal shooter error and group size:

1.9 @ 300
4.1 @ 400
6.6 @ 500

If you tell me what scope and reticle you have I can also make you a custom BDC table.

As an aside, I didn't have to tweak anything in my app to get these results. It just worked.
I have a hells canyon browning x-axis 270 wsm long range 26 in barrel

..with a bushnell elite 6500 2x16x50...any chance you could do one for me

I have a hells canyon browning x-axis 270 wsm long range 26 in barrel

..with a bushnell elite 6500 2x16x50...any chance you could do one for me

The answer to that would be, "Yes."

Email your ballistics details (mv, projectile info, scope height over bore, normal operating elevation, rifle weight, mrad/moa, and what specific reticle you have to ballisticxlr at gmail and I'll set you up.

If anyone wants the app, it's an Excel spreadsheet (because it's meant to be printed out since gadgets fail at the worst times) and you can get a free copy from https://ballisticxlr.com/ballisticxlr-support/, just scroll down and click on BallsticXLR v10.5 to begin your free download.

I just put in all your parameters in Strelok Pro. for 500 yards and it came up 6.65 moa. That's pretty **** close. I use it all the for hunting and long range steel with no problems.

The answer to that would be, "Yes."

Email your ballistics details (mv, projectile info, scope height over bore, normal operating elevation, rifle weight, mrad/moa, and what specific reticle you have to ballisticxlr at gmail and I'll set you up.

If anyone wants the app, it's an Excel spreadsheet (because it's meant to be printed out since gadgets fail at the worst times) and you can get a free copy from https://ballisticxlr.com/ballisticxlr-support/, just scroll down and click on BallsticXLR v10.5 to begin your free download.
Ok thank you very much ..I will send to you once I get it all together...again tnx

I looked thru the Sticky on this and used the working links plus several others to ballistic calculators. I cannot come up with a accurate chart to save my life, they all say I should have way more drop than I actually do. I need some help figuring out why.

Details confirmed at range on paper.

7mm Mag 150g Barnes TTSX Boattail
Barnes Listed BC .450
FPS average 3110 Via Magnetospeed
Wind was from 9 oclock at 10-15 MPH
Temp was 83 degrees
Barometer was 30.19
Humidity was 43%
Shooting angle -10 degrees
Elevation 641'
Scope height to center of bore 1.750

200y zero
300y 2.5 MOA
400y 4.75 MOA
500y 6.75 MOA

I am looking for a app that has the Barnes bullets listed also for a iPhone. I also have tried to create a custom label but their ballistics don't match either, although they are the closest so far.

Thanks for the help.
For your I phone Strelok costs less than 8.00. I would upgrade to the next level. This is a great app and very accurate. You can input your exact findings. Once you input your start up info You can adjust the velocity and drop you are getting and Strelok will do the rest. I have used it to 1000 yrds and it's accurate for my 3 rifles that I have shot to that distance. I will store up to 10 rifles with 10 different loads

For your I phone Strelok costs less than 8.00. I would upgrade to the next level. This is a great app and very accurate. You can input your exact findings. Once you input your start up info You can adjust the velocity and drop you are getting and Strelok will do the rest. I have used it to 1000 yrds and it's accurate for my 3 rifles that I have shot to that distance. I will store up to 10 rifles with 10 different loads
That's...it will store..not. I

Ok here goes 270wsm long range 26 in barrel
145 gr hornady eld-x
BC.536
Muzzle velocity 3100fps
1.5 inches scope height
I live in Newfoundland so where I hunt the elevation is no more than 800 ft and temperature in the Fall usually around 40 degrees Farenheit..anything else you need to know just reply and I will get the info

That's why I went and shot them 300/400/500 yesterday to confirm it all. All set with my rangefinder. I didn't bother with 200 as that is my normal zero. But I've shot this at 100 recently for for a new load. Which has me wondering if I didn't move the scope.[/QUOTE It's a fairly common mistake (one I made once, okay..more than once) not shooting your ZERO first before starting a string and then finishing with one more zero! This being said ballistic programs are only as good as the info you provided and can all be fine tuned with new intel .

Ok here goes 270wsm long range 26 in barrel
145 gr hornady eld-x
BC.536
Muzzle velocity 3100fps
1.5 inches scope height
I live in Newfoundland so where I hunt the elevation is no more than 800 ft and temperature in the Fall usually around 40 degrees Farenheit..anything else you need to know just reply and I will get the info

Are you full metric (do you want meters, cm, hectopascals, mps, etc...) or do you commonly use any SAE units preferentially? Also, what reticle? Simple duplex or?

Ballistic AE shows the following for the OP's data

200yd 0

100 - 1.0 moa drop
200 - 0
300 - 1.6 moa
400 - 3.4 moa
500 - 5.4 moa

However simply changing to a 100 yard 0 results are

100 - 0
200 - .9 moa
300 - 2.6 moa
400 - 4.4 moa
500 - 6.4 moa

As you have stated you are testing a different ammo. It appears you zeroed at 100 with this new ammo and never re-zeroed with the Barnes 150 TTSX

These drops are very close and would still need to be verified at those ranges(which you've done) and enetered as corrections in the app of your choice.

This would then give you a very good curve.

29FC79B0-E328-4F73-A4FF-C9D224E813D5.png

I zeroed with this load. With verification today I was just under a 1" low at 200 to the center of the group. Adding that correction to the calculator made it almost spot on past 400. It starts to dive at 500, but only at .55 MOA. That is a whole lot better.

Looking at the chart and actual drop curve what difference can be expected out to 700?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts