Bad Drivers Argh!

Sincere question: If traffic bothers you, why not move to where there is no traffic?

Everyone makes their choices. Complaining about the inevitable consequences of those choices is counter productive. At some point, you will decide whether the juice is worth the squeeze. Need to stay there for a job? Find another job. Need to stay for family? Have them move with you.

I don't like traffic, so I moved away from it. You can too. Find something you're passionate about and do it.

How many of you are doing this:

People have made a habit out of feeling powerless. Listen up... you can do whatever you want. If you are unhappy about things, change it. You don't owe anyone anything. You can and should be happy. Staying in your current location so you can stay in a terrible job that you hate which makes you drive in traffic you hate will devour your soul. It's not worth it.

Unplug from the matrix. God wants more for you.

I put more miles on my side by side than I do my pickup these days. It often sits so long between uses that it has trouble starting and moving. I have a battery maintainer permanently installed in it and keep it plugged in always. Sometimes it will sit for 3-4 months. There are lots of ways to get things done in this world without driving. If you dislike something enough to complain about it, you should be motivated enough to change it.

If we didn't live in such a remote location, I'd sell my pickup all together and pay someone to cart me around when necessary. The money I'd get from the sale would easily pay for someone else to take me around when needed. Yet if an emergency happens, having a capable rig like mine is valuable. Not everyone's situation is like mine, but everyone's situation could be. Most are unwilling to do it. I always talk with folks that are unhappy with suburb/city living. I tell them to move, and they list all the reasons why they "can't." I was irritated by that response enough once to where I dug into them and penciled out their net worth, and they could have bought 1,000 acres near me, retired, and lived the rest of their lives in peace if they wanted to. Turns out the real reason they stayed is because they like the activity, despite complaining about it always. The trappings of all the people. All their cocktail parties, pool parties, sports events, etc, etc.

Many days, I could sit outside for the entire day, and I wouldn't hear a single sound that didn't come from nature. The quiet makes many "busy" people go insane. They can't sit alone for any period of time.

If you really want out, you can get out. Easily.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

California is bad, even just trying to park with people's deranged mentality. After the first picture I started just leaving my ball mount on my truck as a stand off device for bad drivers. The second pic I actually approached the driver and pretty nicely said "I think you got a little close" to which he replied "I know how to drive" (clearly not) and got aggressive with me. He was a sub contractor at a neighbor's property and ended up getting fired from the job site as a result.

j3gSPgjb6wept-9qx01SwynFnn9BJgf6zeztoGMtXM-L8xGDMYBpj2GuvHVw3KeW4_gi5UiO795qvPteQ3szRFxOeQ5kgVx7EvIf_A12YmA5GUmb5QpQjoptnSHN9HaNROMzy7PB1g=w750

dZ4w0XuxTXBL_l6mDmfy9ZNJLF2bmpzL_DRR1Qo48PyUSLqQggB8wIG2eBpvxGDrcbS24RHesHxq58zAVTk-z_sf01v2UScA7NgjahT5sjXzNw0FISaHyop1nPFj_i1A7V6f4s19Lw=w1200

I moved away from an area that's was highly congested and crime ridden area. It's really not that easy especially if you move away from family. It's all a trade off. For some life might be easy. And for some others life can be difficult. I pray that life gets easier. But sometimes troubles cause us to lean on those who help us through it.

I used to have a 1991 full sized 4WD GMC Jimmy that I bought from the copper mine that I used to work at for $900 from the Surplus and Salvage department in 1996. It had recently had a brand new factory motor put in it. But enough about the awesome deal I got.
This thing got USED in the mine, Jack! It had dents all over the place, and these heavy duty steel wrap around bumpers and a giant steel trailer hitch on the back.
I used to LOVE it when I would come out and some idiot had parked real close to me.
BAM ! Ooops, sorry about my door hitting yours.
Also, I couldn't believe how many dum chits would tailgate me on the freeway. If the car in front of me stops hard, I'm slamming on my brakes and I'm sure the little Toyota Corolla on my tail can't see what in front of this giant Jimmy, so you're gonna end up slamming into all that steel on my arse end. And it ain't gonna end well for you.
Also, that baby was one hell of camping machine. ****, I was an idiot to get rid of it.

I do my best to be the change I want to affect. I am more successful some days than others. I find it very difficult to stay in a good frame of mind when I think that some jackass is taking advantage in traffic. I try to think it is easy to be hyper aggressive in traffic when everybody is trying their best to stay out of accidents but that the jerk wouldn't have had a chance if he was in a race against "3"

Sincere question: If traffic bothers you, why not move to where there is no traffic?

Everyone makes their choices. Complaining about the inevitable consequences of those choices is counter productive. At some point, you will decide whether the juice is worth the squeeze. Need to stay there for a job? Find another job. Need to stay for family? Have them move with you.

I don't like traffic, so I moved away from it. You can too. Find something you're passionate about and do it.

How many of you are doing this:

People have made a habit out of feeling powerless. Listen up... you can do whatever you want. If you are unhappy about things, change it. You don't owe anyone anything. You can and should be happy. Staying in your current location so you can stay in a terrible job that you hate which makes you drive in traffic you hate will devour your soul. It's not worth it.

Unplug from the matrix. God wants more for you.

I put more miles on my side by side than I do my pickup these days. It often sits so long between uses that it has trouble starting and moving. I have a battery maintainer permanently installed in it and keep it plugged in always. Sometimes it will sit for 3-4 months. There are lots of ways to get things done in this world without driving. If you dislike something enough to complain about it, you should be motivated enough to change it.

If we didn't live in such a remote location, I'd sell my pickup all together and pay someone to cart me around when necessary. The money I'd get from the sale would easily pay for someone else to take me around when needed. Yet if an emergency happens, having a capable rig like mine is valuable. Not everyone's situation is like mine, but everyone's situation could be. Most are unwilling to do it. I always talk with folks that are unhappy with suburb/city living. I tell them to move, and they list all the reasons why they "can't." I was irritated by that response enough once to where I dug into them and penciled out their net worth, and they could have bought 1,000 acres near me, retired, and lived the rest of their lives in peace if they wanted to. Turns out the real reason they stayed is because they like the activity, despite complaining about it always. The trappings of all the people. All their cocktail parties, pool parties, sports events, etc, etc.

Many days, I could sit outside for the entire day, and I wouldn't hear a single sound that didn't come from nature. The quiet makes many "busy" people go insane. They can't sit alone for any period of time.

If you really want out, you can get out. Easily.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

well what happens when you DID move someplace where traffic was low and not much, but over the past decade or so,l things developed excessively and now there is traffic
budget is NOT there to move again and BUILD what I have again
so its NOT that easy to just say MOVE
human population growth is all over the USA, and expanding even faster now than ever!
less and less rural area's period, that are still within means of basic's!
and as folks AGE< many have more needs to be closer to things
so, again, ITS NOT so easy to just pick up and move to a less traffic place!

or how about this as an example!
have a property on a dead end road, the WHOLE town only has 36 resident,
its surrounded by about 10,000 acres of un developed forested land!
so its sort of in the NO where lands location!, or one would think so!

for the past 35+ yrs, traffic on the road, used to be 50 vehicles in and out a week on average!(less as farther back in time you went) from about 2010, 3 new homes were added PAST my location, and a gun club built a new addition to there property, adding a much larger shooting range , at END of dead end road,
they added a few new buildings where they now hold, weddings, B day parties and such events as well as more Public related charity events since the new range and buildings and use of the clubs buildings, traffic on the road is now at about 2500-3,000 vehicles a week past my place!(my camera's I have count things so I have exact info on numbers of vehicles in and out, and not me guessing or making wild claims here )
speed limit is 25 MPH, which about 2% MAYBE follow, rest are cruising past at about 55-65 mph!
due to well its in NO were land and folks seem to think its OK to do so!
Worse yet
is this NEW shooting range is now used by 7-10 different smaller town police dept's for annual qualifying, they shoot day time, early mornings and many times late night practice shooting goes on 24 hours a day now at times, from 25+50 officers at a time, and from basic guns to full auto's(I'm finer with the shooting too HAHA) but just saying so,
but these COPS< are the fastest drivers on the road, seems they have that get out of free card , so they speed like mad at ALL hours of day and night!

SO< just moving to a less traffic area, doesn;t always work! even in an out of the way location, things change and make traffic happen even there too!
so again, its NOT so easy to JUST move, add in the costs alone? or , maybe the fact, you spent many decade's building a place to what you wanted, just starting over again, can be out of many folks means and health to do so!

well what happens when you DID move someplace where traffic was low and not much, but over the past decade or so,l things developed excessively and now there is traffic
budget is NOT there to move again and BUILD what I have again
so its NOT that easy to just say MOVE
human population growth is all over the USA, and expanding even faster now than ever!
less and less rural area's period, that are still within means of basic's!
and as folks AGE< many have more needs to be closer to things
so, again, ITS NOT so easy to just pick up and move to a less traffic place!

or how about this as an example!
have a property on a dead end road, the WHOLE town only has 36 resident,
its surrounded by about 10,000 acres of un developed forested land!
so its sort of in the NO where lands location!, or one would think so!

for the past 35+ yrs, traffic on the road, used to be 50 vehicles in and out a week on average!(less as farther back in time you went) from about 2010, 3 new homes were added PAST my location, and a gun club built a new addition to there property, adding a much larger shooting range , at END of dead end road,
they added a few new buildings where they now hold, weddings, B day parties and such events as well as more Public related charity events since the new range and buildings and use of the clubs buildings, traffic on the road is now at about 2500-3,000 vehicles a week past my place!(my camera's I have count things so I have exact info on numbers of vehicles in and out, and not me guessing or making wild claims here )
speed limit is 25 MPH, which about 2% MAYBE follow, rest are cruising past at about 55-65 mph!
due to well its in NO were land and folks seem to think its OK to do so!
Worse yet
is this NEW shooting range is now used by 7-10 different smaller town police dept's for annual qualifying, they shoot day time, early mornings and many times late night practice shooting goes on 24 hours a day now at times, from 25+50 officers at a time, and from basic guns to full auto's(I'm finer with the shooting too HAHA) but just saying so,
but these COPS< are the fastest drivers on the road, seems they have that get out of free card , so they speed like mad at ALL hours of day and night!

SO< just moving to a less traffic area, doesn;t always work! even in an out of the way location, things change and make traffic happen even there too!
so again, its NOT so easy to JUST move, add in the costs alone? or , maybe the fact, you spent many decade's building a place to what you wanted, just starting over again, can be out of many folks means and health to do so!
I understand. Much of what you pointed out is certainly true for many. I certainly realize that a person can get to a point in life where there are seemingly not many options. Mostly I find there could be decisions made which could alleviate stress if a person was willing to sacrifice something somewhere. Too often, no one is willing to sacrifice anything.

Health, for instance, which you mentioned. I know that by living where I live, if something serious happens to me, it's likely I will die, and I'm fine with that. I'm over 2 hours from the nearest sizeable medical facility. It took a massive amount of resources and risk to establish myself here. Frankly, it would have been impossible without Gods amazing gifts and blessings. It's by His continued grace I can remain here.

I don't like the treatment you and others have received, which you've shared here. I'd rather all of you good folks be left alone and not have the problems you've described. However, I realize it is not going to get better. It is going to get worse. If you have 3000 vehicles passing per week, you do not live in a low population area. A low population area does not exist east of the Mississippi river. I'm not sure if some people even realize what a truly low population area looks like. ;)

My county has 2,890 sq/miles, and has fewer than 3,000 people in it. About half of those people live in one town. A further 800 are sprinkled across about 3 towns. That leaves the rural areas as sparsely populated as anywhere in the country outside of the Mojave Desert. I settled here almost entirely because of these statistical realities. Yet there are meth heads running around here. So I'm under no illusion that you can escape the stupidity completely. You can't. However, it can be kept to a minimum. If 5 cars go by the end of my driveway in a day... that's pretty busy. We live on one of the main roads in the county! There are places you can live around here which might not see 5 cars in a week.

Life is tough in low population areas. That's why they are low population. The harsh weather and remote distances keep the riff raff out. Summers break 110f often, and winters will push -40f almost every year. Sometimes several feet of snow laying in the open prairie and drifts that could bury a house. I have several neighbors up in their 80's. Some pushing 90's. Yet here they are, living on the Lords time. Though most of them grew up here. These decisions to get away from society are best made when people are young and able. As you mentioned, it can take decades to "build up" your place the way you want it. I knew things would continue to get worse in the world even before I was saved. Then, I read Revelation as well as several other books in the Bible and see that getting worse is guaranteed prophecy. I decided I would not wait until I was physically diminished to establish myself in a better place to insulate against that as much as I could.

There's a local RV/campground for sale. Anyone could buy it and live a life of relative peace if they want. This will be one of the last places in the country to over-populate. The population isn't growing here. It's getting smaller, year after year, ever since the 30's. I have no worry of too many people moving here. The majority of the population is unwilling to give up what it would take to come here and remain here.

I understand it is often complicated. I understand it is often scary. I certainly understand it is often costly. However, if you believe in God... you know nothing you ask for will be denied you, if you believe you've received it upon the asking. If you don't believe in any of that, then I can see why some think things are not possible.

I don't say these things to make you feel lesser. No, anything but that, actually. I say these things to encourage you folks to be your greatest. To say it IS possible to improve your situation, no matter your situation. Pursue your version of happiness and do not let anything dishearten you. You CAN live the life you want. You most certainly can do that. If other people provide too much stress, you either learn to not let it bother you... or you get away from them. Complaining about it will solve nothing, and only hurt you. ... because they don't care how much you complain about them. I assure you of that. No one stupid, ever cares how many people don't like them.

Some will delight in your misery, and offer advice that will be certain to keep you in it. They need for everyone to be angry, bitter, resentful, and poor. It's the only way they don't feel like a failure or feel alone. A surprising number of people want that, despite all claims to the contrary. Others will want to see everyone go as high as they can possibly go. Which are you? (the collective "you", not being directed at anyone in particular)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I understand. Much of what you pointed out is certainly true for many. I certainly realize that a person can get to a point in life where there are seemingly not many options. Mostly I find there could be decisions made which could alleviate stress if a person was willing to sacrifice something somewhere. Too often, no one is willing to sacrifice anything.

Health, for instance, which you mentioned. I know that by living where I live, if something serious happens to me, it's likely I will die, and I'm fine with that. I'm over 2 hours from the nearest sizeable medical facility. It took a massive amount of resources and risk to establish myself here. Frankly, it would have been impossible without Gods amazing gifts and blessings. It's by His continued grace I can remain here.

I don't like the treatment you and others have received, which you've shared here. I'd rather all of you good folks be left alone and not have the problems you've described. However, I realize it is not going to get better. It is going to get worse. If you have 3000 vehicles passing per week, you do not live in a low population area. A low population area does not exist east of the Mississippi river. I'm not sure if some people even realize what a truly low population area looks like. ;)

My county has 2,890 sq/miles, and has fewer than 3,000 people in it. About half of those people live in one town. A further 800 are sprinkled across about 3 towns. That leaves the rural areas as sparsely populated as anywhere in the country outside of the Mojave Desert. I settled here almost entirely because of these statistical realities. Yet there are meth heads running around here. So I'm under no illusion that you can escape the stupidity completely. You can't. However, it can be kept to a minimum. If 5 cars go by the end of my driveway in a day... that's pretty busy. We live on one of the main roads in the county! There are places you can live around here which might not see 5 cars in a week.

Life is tough in low population areas. That's why they are low population. The harsh weather and remote distances keep the riff raff out. Summers break 110f often, and winters will push -40f almost every year. Sometimes several feet of snow laying in the open prairie and drifts that could bury a house. I have several neighbors up in their 80's. Some pushing 90's. Yet here they are, living on the Lords time. Though most of them grew up here. These decisions to get away from society are best made when people are young and able. As you mentioned, it can take decades to "build up" your place the way you want it. I knew things would continue to get worse in the world even before I was saved. Then, I read Revelation as well as several other books in the Bible and see that getting worse is guaranteed prophecy. I decided I would not wait until I was physically diminished to establish myself in a better place to insulate against that as much as I could.

There's a local RV/campground for sale. Anyone could buy it and live a life of relative peace if they want. This will be one of the last places in the country to over-populate. The population isn't growing here. It's getting smaller, year after year, ever since the 30's. I have no worry of too many people moving here. The majority of the population is unwilling to give up what it would take to come here and remain here.

I understand it is often complicated. I understand it is often scary. I certainly understand it is often costly. However, if you believe in God... you know nothing you ask for will be denied you, if you believe you've received it upon the asking. If you don't believe in any of that, then I can see why some think things are not possible.

I don't say these things to make you feel lesser. No, anything but that, actually. I say these things to encourage you folks to be your greatest. To say it IS possible to improve your situation, no matter your situation. Pursue your version of happiness and do not let anything dishearten you. You CAN live the life you want. You most certainly can do that. If other people provide too much stress, you either learn to not let it bother you... or you get away from them. Complaining about it will solve nothing, and only hurt you. ... because they don't care how much you complain about them. I assure you of that. No one stupid, ever cares how many people don't like them.

Some will delight in your misery, and offer advice that will be certain to keep you in it. They need for everyone to be angry, bitter, resentful, and poor. It's the only way they don't feel like a failure or feel alone. A surprising number of people want that, despite all claims to the contrary. Others will want to see everyone go as high as they can possibly go. Which are you? (the collective "you", not being directed at anyone in particular)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I mean this as nicely as possible and with NO offence, so hope you don;t take it as any
BUT
I could believe in god all I want, it won;t pay for things to move, it won;t change health conditions that already pre exist that prevent from living in middle of no where
god, is faith, one has it or doesn't
it doesn;t solve any real world problems that costs real world costs,!
living where there is NO traffic, doesn't always be possible simple math says so
people that are not wealthy cannot afford to do so, which is why so many DON"T live remote
plus many people need human contact to feel alive

my example of my one property I stated is in a small rural area again, ONLY 36 homes in the whole town, and only 1 road in the town!
its has NO more property left that can be developed unless, the 3 major land owners(all 3 sportsman clubs) sell it, which I doubt they will ever do,
But simply due to HUMAN population growth, traffic grew
every member of the club is allowed to have there children enter the club
as an example, when clubs were started, they all had about 25 members to each club, , 35 yrs later they all have about 250 members and all are growing
to JOIN any of these clubs and NOT be BORN into them by existing members m, costs about 50k now, as they way they set things up, any NEW member has to pay what every existing member has paid into the club from day one, so price to get into club, constantly grows!
which honestly limits any real NEW members, , pretty much only NEW members that come in now, is when a old member dies and a new one's is willed there membership!
so, when I looked at things, this seemed like a place that would keep traffic down , minus HOW many members grew to having kids and kids having kids now!
then the added income the clubs now have with catering to weddings and parties and such!

said the above just to show you how a REMOTE place can change, from just locals there growing things within!

GOD< will NOT fix my problems, nor pay/fund to move to a new place more remote again
nor move my GOOD friends and neighbors there I have!
I physically cannot BUILD things I once was able to, so he isn;t helping me there either
GOD is sadly NOT a viable hope or answer
if wee being honest!

god, is faith, one has it or doesn't
it doesn;t solve any real world problems that costs real world costs,!
living where there is NO traffic, doesn't always be possible simple math says so
people that are not wealthy cannot afford to do so, which is why so many DON"T live remote
plus many people need human contact to feel alive
No offense taken! I hate that you're having to deal with what you've shared. Truly. I do hope it gets better for you.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about what God is capable of. I believe He can do anything.

As I said, it's not without sacrifice. Your friends and neighbors, yes they would either have to go with you or you'd say goodbye. Maybe you'll make new friends? ... but if you want lots of friends close by, then living in a sparsely populated area really isn't for you. So if you want people around, maybe you'll need to learn how to not let all the people and what they do, bother you. The world is devouring itself, and if people are being devoured, they'll drag anyone in proximity into the pit of despair with them if they can. If you having friends close by outweighs the lunatics that come along with that population... then I guess you've made your choice.

Secondly, you don't have to be wealthy to live in remote areas. Quite the contrary. The cost of living here is lower than virtually anywhere in the country. Lowest taxes. Lowest cost of goods. Lowest real estate. etc. etc. You can buy land for as low as $500 an acre here. It's cheaper to exist here than anywhere. For every acre you sold there, you could probably buy 5 here. It's not much different in eastern MT, eastern WY, or some parts of western ND. Why would you need to join a shooting club when you have 1000yds on your own land? ;)

If you like people around and want to be in town, look at this:
6 bed 3 bath over 3,000 sq/ft... $150k list. Looks like quite a nice place for the money!

Huge tracts of public ground for you to shoot thousands of yards not 5 miles outside of town. I could show you where to go. ;) Though I completely understand your unwillingness to leave what you have behind. That's why I'm unafraid of sharing and encouraging folks to move to the area. Very few will even consider it. Of those that consider it, a lesser percentage still will attempt to act on it. Of those, a lesser percentage still will follow through... and of that tiny fraction of people that arrive, more still will have left here in that time period.

Heck, the right person... I'll put you up myself and have you assembling our products and answering phones in no time. If you want to be rich, this isn't the place to live and this industry certainly isn't the one to work in. If you want to be happy, well that's a whole other discussion!

I'm not judging you, or anyone else. I really am not. I'm simply providing some perspective that it "can" be different if someone chooses it to be different.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate