Scammers -Argh!

Muddyboots

From a previous post in classifieds:
So Lately, there seems to be a thread every few days of someone getting taken for most likely primers, powder or brass. This thread provides information on how to properly report a scammer for money or worse a theft of firearm. So here is some basic steps to report the scam. If everyone did this, a MO can be established and provides more info for agencies to pursue prosecution.

===================================
Beware Of Website Scams
NSSF®​ has learned from several industry firearm, ammunition and propellant manufacturers of bogus websites and web scams aimed at consumers who are eager to purchase these high-demand products. NSSF warns consumers to take steps to confirm the websites they are using are legitimate. If you believe you have been the victim of a fraudulent transaction, NSSF encourages you to contact the FBI or ATF, or file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission either online or by calling 800-382-4357 (800-FTC-HELP). For additional information, please visit https://www2.nssf.org/e/127421/online-safety/4gj9m7/534887656?h=8o5pmii2oxbtKpNKvHW7cHmeG6xwsJuFKsTFP8opAVY.
====================================

Also more guidance to report scams from:

www.usa.gov

Report Scams and Frauds | USAGov

Learn how to identify and report frauds and scams.
www.usa.gov

I would also contact the ATF if the firearm theft was involved. Local office numbers here:

Local ATF Offices | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

www.atf.gov
www.atf.gov
Report scams to FBI:
www.fbi.gov

Scams and Safety | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Getting educated and taking a few basic steps may keep you from becoming a victim of crime and fraud.
www.fbi.gov
www.fbi.gov

FTC Report Page: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/assistant

Desperation is the biggest driver in becoming scammed.
1) LRH trade history, presence
2) No photo = no way
3) Search photo via Google photo search to see if same photo is on another site.
4) Search address for legitimacy and not a 7/11.
5) No name or address provided = no way
6) Business site with CC
7) Private transaction USPS MO option, PP etc is up to familiarity and comfort.
8) Business site has everything in stock and big sites don't? Be smart.
9) Check BBB, state AG for complaints.

So let's add more recommendations where or how to report. We have plenty of threads on complaints so let's keep this thread as a source or reference.

Before you buy anything from TARUS OR HERTIAGE check their B.B B. ratings . 1-1.5 stars F RATING . Customer service is TERRIBLE !!!!! BEING e WAITING since 2/22/22 for replacement BOUGHT 2/20/22 not up to specs cylinder would not go lnto place . FILED A COMPLAINT OVER A WEEK AG WITH B,B. B. ,HERTIAGE AND DUNHAMS SPORTS last week . NO RESPONSE !!!!!! Called HERTIAGE yesterday my 6 week wait for replacement is 4/28/ 8 week is 5/ 15. ??????? WILL I EVER GET THE REPLACEMENT ???????

Yeah its everywhere in life now. Monday got email that 999.00 had been charged on my paypal, had paypal symbols and a billing phone number to call. Googled paypal and checked all their phone numbers and that number was not one. so called paypal and they said they did not have that 999.00 as a transaction. Just someone trying to get me to call that number and they would pretend to be paypal and ask for my info I'm sure.

Add 'Reloadersshops' to the list of scam shops. It sounded too good to be true but they happened to show an address in Portland, Oregon so I stopped by and sure enough, nobody home.

Include Sportsmans Reloads as a highly suspect scam site. Address shown on site is some paper mill in NY state. Chattted with them online & asked for NY Department of State ID Number and after some back & forth they gave me some number that turned out to be a not for profit entity founded in 1915. ^ "It sounded too good to be true" ^ Their site had all sorts of good stuff at lower prices than legit sites.