Backpacking tent stove recommendations

In a 6 person Guide tent 6 , the fire was going. In the night each of the old men got up to go pee. When they did each guy put more wood on the fire. By the time they all were done the stove was so hot I thought it was going to set the tent on fire.

Sucks sleeping when it gets that hot! But feels great in the morning! And evening before going to sleep. But I like it cold in the tent while sleeping. But theres limits to that too obviously! If it's 10 degrees or less , keeping it going slowly and damped down properly is the challenge. This is in a redcliff with seek outside Sxl stove. It is piddly setting up. But I need a stove that packs tiny like this. Tip: locktite or somehow jam the bottom wing nuts and feet at the proper height. They never need to move again. Obviously the upper ones do, leave them loose or you'll really regret it😁!
Bring tinfoil to mold around the damper handle so it can stay where you want it. The damper sucks otherwise. A handful of the biggest fat chunks you can fit in help get thru the night.

I've had a hard time finding the energy used to gather/find good wood, split it, keep it going longer than 2 to 3 hours worth it. Down pours, soaked boots and clothes generally need a good night of the stove running to make progress. I'm sure I just need more experience with them. Just something to think about for titanium stove newbies that I never did. It's hard work! I've found it necessary to do some scouting trips before the hunt and gather wood and split wood then. Find a good dry spot off the ground and tarp it to go get later in the season when the camp goes up.