back with more elevation adj problems

Savagebien

i posted earlier this week about how my loads seemed to be, and were shooting a lot faster than what i had thought. well i went shooting again yesterday, and with new rem brass which has more case capacity than the federal brass i was using, i used some powder to compare. anyways i actually had less elevation adjustment to get on at 500 meters than before. with this adjustment the loads would be shooting at about 3200 fps, which there would b no way of happening. because the load is estimated at 2800 fps with a test rifle with the same length barrel. AND the brass i was using yesterday has more case capacity, primers weren't cratered and the heads looked clean no ejector marks. SO, is my scope just not tracking right? its a bushnell elite 3200 10x40 MD. any thoughts and advice would be great. thanks!

put a sheet of plywood up at 400, shoot a group that hits at the top or bottom and then crank the turrets 10 or 15 minutes , whatever your target will allow and shoot another group. measure the amount the 2 groups are apart and you'll know how much the scope is moving.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.