No more turret adj. at 100yrds

padd54

I am in a quandry. I have an accurized Rem. 7400 that I have tried several scopes on and the results are the same.
I have the elevation turret maxed out and I can't get the poi any highr, it is currently shooting 2" high at 100 and about right on at 200, but I want to shoot further out than that.

I await you knowledgeable input.
Thanks,
Ray

Ray,

About the cheapest cure is a set of Burris Signature rings with the inserts, around $35-$40

Another option is a tapered base to put your current rings on, these can run up to a couple hundred dollars, but there are some under $100 (I think not sure about a 7400). I use the Burris rings myself.

Chris

The Burris inserts come in sets a +.005/-.005, +.010/-.010, and +.020/-.20 and they have to be used in sets. You can use any combo you like, .020s and .010s in or .020s and .005s etc....

They are in thousandths so you may not get exactly 30 moa or 40 moa depending on ring spacing but you'll get in the ball park.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.