Back to back OCWs

LongWalker

I have short barrel .308 (18") that I've loaded OCWs for with a couple of heavy-ish bullets. One's the 180gr Berger EH and the other is the Nosler 190 ABLR both in front of Alliant 2000-MR. It won't stop raining here in TN and I've got a window on Thursday and thought about shooting them both.

Any potential downside to shooting them both back to back? I thought of shooting them both round robin style but I can see getting confused and blowing up one or both of them. As usual I may be overthinking it.

I can't prove it but it seems that changing powders can cause some accuracy differences for a few rounds.

It's also possible changing bullet copper material could make a difference too but I haven't experienced this yet.

I agree with Waveslayer on the overthinking more than likely but copper fouling was my thought too. I usually start with a clean barrel fire a couple of foulers and then the OCW since that's how I shoot my hunting rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.