Oehler is back!!

VSSF, what do you mean by your on the list? I'm seriously contemplating trying to order one maybe tomorrow and am wondering what is meant by a list. Does it mean your assured of getting one or maybe not based on how many folks want them versus how many they are going to produce?

VSSF, what do you mean by your on the list? I'm seriously contemplating trying to order one maybe tomorrow and am wondering what is meant by a list. Does it mean your assured of getting one or maybe not based on how many folks want them versus how many they are going to produce?

Chas1, just call them up on the phone to place your order. I'm still deciding but I did call them last week and they are making a pretty large run with many units available.

Moman, Just got off the phone and placed my order for Model 35 System Complete with Gary at Oehler. He said they've had pretty good response since the announcement to produce them again and expect to start shipping units towards late August this year. When I asked if there was any order confirmation number he said no but, I'm on the list (now I know what's meant by on the list) and would receive a phone call several days before it ships.

Hope they don't loose my name:), I'm excited...umm boy a new toy.

Copied and pasted from Oehler's web site. Some interesting reading here:
Oehler Research, Inc.--Ballistic Explorer

"ACCURACY
The expected error on any one shot depends on both velocity and screen spacing. Typical errors are shown in the table. The table assumes good light conditions, dark bullets, exact screen spacing, and shooting through the center of the Skyscreen III window. Actual errors under your shooting conditions will be reliably indicated by the PROOF CHANNEL.

_ _ _ _ _ _ 1 FT _2 FT _4 FT 8 FT
1000 FPS_ 5 fps _3 fps 1 fps 1 fps
2000 FPS 10 fps _5 fps 3 fps 2 fps
3000 FPS 16 fps _8 fps 4 fps 2 fps
4000 FPS 21 fps 10 fps 5 fps 3 fps

You will typically see the above errors as differences between the primary and proof channels of a Model 35P as you shoot under "normal" conditions.

Note: It's easy to claim fantastic accuracy with a chronograph measuring only one velocity. Who checks the claims? You know your accuracy only with the PROOF CHANNEL, or by using two chronographs on each shot. We know our chronographs are more accurate and more reliable, so we invite you to check each shot
."

These single digit deltas in the "differences in velocity" are similar to what I see when my dual chronographs are healthy, and hitting on all cylinders. I can't even count how many times I've read Posts pooh-poohing the validity of chronograph data for establishing MV. Many Posts have taken the slant that a fellow is better off using measured down range drops to establish MV or BC. Time to get a decent chronograph if your's functions like a Mattel Jack-In-The-Box. If measuring drops gets the job done for the shooting scenarios a guy encounters, then that's certainly good enough for those uses. But trying to guesstimate MV or BC from down range drops is the equivalent of trying to pin the tail on the donkey - blindfolded, compared to establishing MVs with a dual set of quality chronographs. Using one chronograph is the equivalent of blind faith. Having two running in tandem provides some evidence the velocity data is "good" data. The 2nd proof channel recorded velocity on the 35P, or a second velocity value from a separate chronograph run in tandem, is the QA/QC needed to provide confidence the data meets a standard of quality suitable for use in your ballistics programs.

Last edited:
Moman, Just got off the phone and placed my order for Model 35 System Complete with Gary at Oehler. He said they've had pretty good response since the announcement to produce them again and expect to start shipping units towards late August this year. When I asked if there was any order confirmation number he said no but, I'm on the list (now I know what's meant by on the list) and would receive a phone call several days before it ships.

Hope they don't loose my name:), I'm excited...umm boy a new toy.

No No No No----These are NOT TOYS!!!! The other brands are toys!

This will get things going!! LOL!!!!

Boss Hoss, your right it ain't no toy:) but, I sure do feel like a kid getting a new toy. I'm staying away from whether or not the other brand is a toy but, you are right I'll bet ya stirred things up.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.