Ammo Coming BACK!

There is a Scheels near the range that I shoot at once a week. I always stop to see what they have. For the past 3 months they always seem to have something. Today I was able to pick up two bricks of CCI large and small rifle primers. Last week I purchased a pound of reloader 26. Scheels prices have gone up some but are very fair compared to most other places.

Getting emails almost daily with 9mm 223 308 and 7.62x39 in stock but TO ME at outrageously high unacceptable prices
.75c-.80c a round for 9mm and .90c'$1+'a round for 55/ fmj 223 just gives me all the more incentive to keep pulling down on the handles of my three Lee Clsssic 4/H turret presses and my HLNLPP
Not a day gos by I don't thank God I bought everything in large quantities when everything was available and affordable
Still haven't found any 22lr in stock and at less than the cost of pre-panic 9mm

I think the original post is overly optimistic...…availability for a very FEW calibers has improved a fraction, but prices are sky high & until there is enough ammo to stay on the shelve for a length of time , the prices will stay that way...….with the way things are going a realistic assessment is that this
ammo drought will be with us for the for quite some time.

There are no primers anyplace except in Canada. I've seen several articles, one in the American Rifleman saying that components are currently being manufactured at pre-pandemic/Biden levels and it is going to the ammo manufacturers to meet demand. I must have just fallen off the turnip truck. At the pre-pandemic/Biden levels there were enough components to keep the ammo manufacturers happy and the reloaders were happy. And if the ammo manufacturers making it like crazy, wouldn't we hear that some of it is making it to a store shelf someplace. Starline can't make brass due to not being able to get the brass rounds for their dies. The internet bleeds out all these little bits of info almost in real time. If manufacturers are truly making components at those pre-pandemic/Biden levels then someone is buying it up before it makes it to store shelves. Someone with deep pockets is buying lots and lots of it. Sounds like some shill company set up by the government to me. Even the discount houses like Cheaper Than Dirt is only getting Russian or Czech ammo. Can't even find the Italian stuff. A change of strategy, we can buy all the firearms we want, but if we can't make them go bang then that is just as good a not allowing us to own a gun.
Supply only tells half the story. Demand is through the roof...many more people are buying it, and many are willing to pay GB prices. Until demand slows there will be scarcity in the market...supply cannot grow quickly enough, and the mfg'ers don't want to bring it online anyway as they will have lots of excess when things settle down.

It is really that simple.

I think the original post is overly optimistic...…availability for a very FEW calibers has improved a fraction, but prices are sky high & until there is enough ammo to stay on the shelve for a length of time , the prices will stay that way...….with the way things are going a realistic assessment is that this
ammo drought will be with us for the for quite some time.
Yes, anecdotal evidence of a few stores doesn't mean anything.

I seriously am beginning to buy into the conspiracy theories claiming our government is behind whole ammo reloading component shortages
I hope I'm wrong and just being a bit paranoid
It can be explained very simply...it is a demand issue, although supply chains are still somewhat disrupted. The gov't has nothing to do with this.

Last Saturday I was at Bass Pro, and they had a crapload of Winchester .223 Rem. Not much else though. Sunday I stopped in at Wally Mart, and they had boxes of 500 Remington .22 lr, that was marked at $19.98, I have plenty of .22 lr, but thought what the hell and picked up a box. When I got home an checked receipt, they only charged me $13.00.

Yesterday I called a LGS to see if they had any .300 Win Mag, the one caliber I really need. The guy said "We have been getting standard cartridges such as .223 and 9 mm fairly regularly, but haven't seen any hunting calibers in a while."
This made me wonder if ammo manufacturers might start turning their attention to "hunting" calibers as it gets closer to hunting season?

It can be explained very simply...it is a demand issue, although supply chains are still somewhat disrupted. The gov't has nothing to do with this.
I can not offer proof that the government has something to do with this shortage of ammo and reloading supplies, but until I have proof that our wonderful elected officials are NOT involved, I sleep better having someone to blame besides hunters and shooters. Wear your mask and social distance forever and we will come out of this. Yes, I do believe the government lies to us all the time about everything concerning guns. You registering your guns with the government is certainly going to prevent some gangster on the south side of Chicago from murdering someone else this weekend.

I can not offer proof that the government has something to do with this shortage of ammo and reloading supplies, but until I have proof that our wonderful elected officials are NOT involved, I sleep better having someone to blame besides hunters and shooters. Wear your mask and social distance forever and we will come out of this. Yes, I do believe the government lies to us all the time about everything concerning guns. You registering your guns with the government is certainly going to prevent some gangster on the south side of Chicago from murdering someone else this weekend.
Be careful RULE #9

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.