AWESOME VARMINT VIDEO by Richard Franklin

wildcat

Hey guys, I just got finished watching "DEATH IN THE GREEN GRASS 2006" Produced by Richard Franklin of Richard's Custom Rifles. It is an awesome video that has about 2 1/2 hours of groundhog hunting. There are so many spectacular kills on groundhogs, it's awesome. This is definently a most see video for the serious long range varmint hunter. There are shots taken from 150 to 1200 yards. The video is well produced and worth every penny. The video not only has tons of groundhog kills it also shows what type of equipment, rifles, and optics it takes to be a long range varmint hunter. I would highly recommend it. As soon as I e-mailed Richard about the video, he had it in the mail before I even sent the $$$. I received the video in 5 days. Once again, the video is AWESOME!!!!! If you want the video, you can e-mail him at the following;
[email protected]

You can also find out more info on his web site;
www.richardscustomrifles.com

Jake

I have the video.

It's nice to watch in the winter when you are waiting for the little piglets to come up and see their shadow... but the shots are from around 300 to around 700 yds, not 1200, and 300 to 700 ain't nothing to get excited about, not when you are using $3000 to $4000 rifles, and a shooting trailer that would do justice to the military.

A lot of the shots on chucks are staged and the chucks are already dead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

There is little "how to do" information to take the 300yd chuck shooter to the next level.

Nothing on the selection of better cartridges, special loading techniques, how to make drift sheets, etc.

But it's a fun watch.

There were some shots taken at 1200 yards, however, they missed. It's a good video to watch.

Jake

Jake,

I have Richard's video on pillar bedding and I was thinking about ordering the "Death in the Green Grass". Richard has done some work for me on a few guns and his craftmanship is top notch. I've been down to his shop on more than one occasion and he is a really nice guy, "salt of the earth." His passion for shooting groundhogs really shows.

No, it doesn't count. That's one reason why I like this video, it shows the misses as well as the hits. I think it's a very good video for the first time varmint hunter as well as the experienced varmint hunter.

Jake

Barm, you should definently order the video. It's really good and entertaining too. There are some awesome varmint kills on the video. Trust me, if you love varmint hunting, you will love this video. Richard, said he wont be making a video for 2007, however, he said he might make one for 2008.

Jake

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.