atlas bipods...new style vs original

fisherman983

so im having a custom gun built, and will be purchasing a bipod when its all said and done. ive never used or shot off a bipod and have decided that the atlas is a better product. I see that there are now 2 versions for sale in the store here at lrh, whats the difference between the original version and the new and improved one? is the extra price really worth it?

so im having a custom gun built, and will be purchasing a bipod when its all said and done. ive never used or shot off a bipod and have decided that the atlas is a better product. I see that there are now 2 versions for sale in the store here at lrh, whats the difference between the original version and the new and improved one? is the extra price really worth it?
The new one has less play front to back and the legs don't rotate when you load. I have both and the new one is a huge improvement.

Here's a video by Aaron Davidson where he shows that the forward lean that exists with the original Atlas is a good thing. I was surprised when I saw this but it seems to make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video by Aaron Davidson where he shows that the forward lean that exists with the original Atlas is a good thing. I was surprised when I saw this but it seems to make sense.

Bipod Shooting - YouTube

it does make sense but there is still enough play in the new atlas to get the rifle to recoil straight back. If you look at the rifle while he's shooting, it's not moving back very far and he's got a fairly aggressive load on the bipod. At least that's what it looks like to me. I dont notice the new atlas legs jumping back.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.