Atlas Bipods, worth the price??

Looking for some insight from any of who that own an Atlas. I have several Harris bipods, that I do like but, I have been looking into an Atlas. Are they worth it?

Comparing Atlas to Harris, is like comparing apples and oranges. I'm not going to take away anything from Harris, from the moment they hit the market, they were a good bipod that served its purpose well. With that said, Atlas is the next evolution in bipods, rock solid, well thought out design, and ease of use, that can't be compaired with anything else in the bipod arena period. I thought at first, that they were costly, that was until I came across one at a gun show when they first came to market. I was blown away by the quality, and craftsmenship, that went into the making of the bipod. I bought one, and as I walked away thinking, that I just spent a lot of money for this thing, I sure hope that it will be up to task. I was impressed of how solid it was no matter the position, I then went and bought the assortment of different feet, and was impressed of how well even these were. Needless to say I went and bought three more Atlas bipods for all my long guns, and two monopods for my Bell & Carlson A5, and my
McMillan A-3/5 stocks. Do I recommend Atlas, Hell yeah, all week long and twice on Sundays!gun)

Comparing Atlas to Harris, is like comparing apples and oranges. I'm not going to take away anything from Harris, from the moment they hit the market, they were a good bipod that served its purpose well. With that said, Atlas is the next evolution in bipods, rock solid, well thought out design, and ease of use, that can't be compaired with anything else in the bipod arena period. I thought at first, that they were costly, that was until I came across one at a gun show when they first came to market. I was blown away by the quality, and craftsmenship, that went into the making of the bipod. I bought one, and as I walked away thinking, that I just spent a lot of money for this thing, I sure hope that it will be up to task. I was impressed of how solid it was no matter the position, I then went and bought the assortment of different feet, and was impressed of how well even these were. Needless to say I went and bought three more Atlas bipods for all my long guns, and two monopods for my Bell & Carlson A5, and my
McMillan A-3/5 stocks. Do I recommend Atlas, Hell yeah, all week long and twice on Sundays!gun)

Well spoken!
I have a Custom Fabrication Shop with full machining capabilities so of course the 1st thing I checked out is the engineering on this bipod to see if the price was an indication of the quality.
The answer is a very clear YES!
The Atlas is extremely well made and the new approach to an accessory that has remained virtually unchanged for so long, is a home run in my opinion.
To the shooters who are only concerned about Budget, it may be a stretch, but for those who appreciate high quality and are prepared to try one out, you will not be disappointed!

I have now owned both the Harris and the Atlas for a couple of years and agree with the Atlas quality justifying it's price. On the other hand, I was curious if there was a difference for in terms of my long range accuracy level between the two bipods and found that my 500 yard precision and accuracy testing indicated no difference if foreword tension is placed on the legs of either unit. Both will do the job well in my case.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.