ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

(Concerning Silencers) Just a thought if everyone got together could a class action lawsuit be filed against the atf for a untimely turnaround from the time they cash our checks to issuing the stamp. Just a thought ? if any of you on this forum might be a lawyer.
Unfortunately, you would have a very hard, if not impossible time suing the Federal government. The only way I can think of is to somehow get this on a national ballot. 🤔 Maybe get a senator and congressman get a bill to the floor and vote it in as law. Of course the president would have to sign the bill, which Biden won't. But a major majority vote may get the job done. Nah. Just wishing in one hand and crapping in the other. We're screwed.

Capitol Armory sent out a notice of the shortened approval times for some individual Form 4 applications. The notice included the following concerning trusts:

We've been told the ATF will process trust applications in the same way as individuals soon.
This most likely will be limited to industry-standard trusts with a single responsible party. The idea behind this is still one background check, and if the trust is commonly reviewed, there is less need for a legal examiner's time. Ultimately, this means they would treat trust applications with one responsible person like individual applications.

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
I'm also at 11 months for a form 4 e-file through the kiosk. Have since purchased 3 handguns & a Bighorn Origin action with no delays. I am also sheriff in the county I preside in so there are no background issues. Ridiculous.

I'm also at 11 months for a form 4 e-file through the kiosk. Have since purchased 3 handguns & a Bighorn Origin action with no delays. I am also sheriff in the county I preside in so there are no background issues. Ridiculous.
I've got a friend who is a 26 year retired marine vet who has a current concealed carry permit in a state that doesn't require a permit. He's got a current top secret clearance and has bought firearms in the last year with no problem. He's been hung up with an issue where the ATF & FBI will neither confirm or deny his form 4 applications and both agencies are pointing at each other. Just because the ATF has started confirming some individual Form 4 applications more quickly doesn't mean they are our friends or that things can't get side tracked with no legal basis.
I've got a Form 1 from the pistol brace rule that has been sitting since the beginning of May 23. I'm assuming the ATF is waiting until the legal issues with the rule are resolved before issuing any more Form 1 approvals under the rule.
Hopefully your Form 4 will clear in the near future.

So if you do the trust with one individual like the single shot trust I assume you can add people later. What is the cost for that?

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
I was 2 yrs 9 months getting a TBAC9 Thumderbeast. Applied thru a family trust first. I had gotten 3 suppressors previously thru the trust, no real issues. The last one was filed electronically about the time Joe Biden took office. I waited 10 mo and called ATF line to check on my suppressor. "It's in process." Was the answer I got every time I called over next 9 months. Give them your name and SN on the can you're checking on and they can quickly tell you "It's in process." I was finally told it was rejected due to lack of information on one of the names in the trust. I got a letter from them telling me that. No explanation why or the difference this time compared to before. I have always considered it was political. Anyway I resubmitted in my name only and still took nine months after I was told by some gal at ATF that they would expedite my application since I had been waiting so long. Yeah, right. I don't consider 9 months as expeditious. Had to pay the $200 fine again for 2nd submission. Finally got the first $200 back from Silencerco, who had submitted both times thru. I think they purposely delay and the delay some more to **** you off so you won't buy another suppressor. Can you imagine how many cans would be sold if you could buy across the counter like it's done in Europe. Course you can't buy guns there like we can. We are polar opposite of Europe in guns and silencers.