ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

I'm a year and a week out still no sign. I don't understand how some can take as little as a couple weeks.
They have to artificially lower the wait time so congress doesn't jump down their throat again. So instead of actually processing forms in a timely manner. In typical paper pusher fashion, they fudge the mean wait time by approving random forms at 1 week while others wait a year. It's about as disingenuous as it gets.

Contact your congressman.

Yep makes no sense at all ! I'm currently on delay for the nics with the feds. Not my first buy of a nfa item or a gun . I bought 2 cans last year (currently on hold ) atleast a dozen guns or so . Not all required a 4473 gotta love Arizona for that . I've got a ccw permit and already have two other cans all cleared no problem . I'm half tempted to have my lgs pull the one form 1 suppressor and re- run it on a form 4 and add it to the trust as it's what they were supposed to do from the start . My bad for not catching it right away . I figured I'd just add it after the fact . But it's another stamp . If I'm already waiting it might be a better option.

For those with recent approvals (especially those with a 30 days or less wait) - were these individual form 4 or a trust like Silencer Shop Single Shot, etc?

Seems like the majority of the quick ones have all been individuals. Bummer I went with the single shot trust.

I've been debating an individual even though I've got a trust with multiple on it…solely based on the wait times. Can always transfer it again down the road.

Anybody have good luck lately with a trust? I'm in a race to get an approval before we move states and have to cancel and re-submit.

Last edited: