Arken optics?

My Arken SH4 6-24X mini review:

Weight
- Well yes, she's a heavy beast that scope is, but it's on a bench/prone gun. Rig is a Left-handed Stag AR receiver, 24" premium match barrel/chamber, proven 1/2" MOA long range rig, Luth-AR stock, Geiselle SSA-E trigger, yada yada, etc.

Turrets - UNREAL! Everyone who sees it - and they all want to check the Arken out - are incredibly impressed, never mind for the $450 street price or the even better $350 sale now going on! They track as well as Cyclop's YouTube videos show (check him out!) and the zero stop is easy and positive. I would judge them as THE BEST turret I've ever used on any scope and like them (turrets) better than any on my Leupold, Vortex Gen2 PST or Sightron scopes.

Eye Box - Definitely constricts @ max power, so my 'rue of thumb' with < $1K variable scopes is to run at no more than 2/3rds of the available magnification, so I run it at 16X.

Parallax/Focus - Excellent, but as Ryan Cleckner advises, never trust the range #s on the scope as marked, but use YOUR eye as the judge for the clearest reticle. Due to having to adjust parallax, I personally never use such scopes whilst hunting ...

Reticle - I got the MOA VPR reticle and don't find it cluttered, but again ... am not hunting with it.

Optical Clarity - Having been in the laser optical field, I have numerous 'USAF Optical Clarity Targets' on hand and could read the same lines (like reading an 'eye chart' at your optomitrist) with the Arken on 16X as I could with my more expen$ive scopes @ 16X max power, in my side-by-side tests. It was so good, that whilst shooting 69 grainers @ 200-yards, I didn't even need to use my excellent 24X Unertl spotting scope.

Fit/Finish/Ergonomics - My favorite scope! Extremely well made, super positive adjustments and due to the larger than any other company turrens, I find it the fastest, easiest and most intutive scope to use.

I tell you ... for the price? I'm a HUGE fan ... but for a bench gun only! It has many positive features but the weight would be a killer unless you had a Sherpa carrying the rig for you !!!!! and paralllax-adjustable scopes are just a 'no deal' for me whilst hunting.

As an aside, I can't wait to see what they come with next!

i've been thinking about getting a new scope for my 6.5 grendel. i think i might have to give the arken a try for $299. i had been eyeballing the 4-24 vortex at euro optic. the only downside is the arken is heavy at 35 ounces. 5 ounces more than my burris xtrii 4-20.

dont forget black friday is coming up, so there may be some good deals coming.

It's hard to take that dude seriously when I compared a strike eagle and a Arken together side by side and it was nothing like in his SE vs Arken review. He was showing a very blurry vortex and a crystal clear Arken, and in reality they both are very close in glass with the SE doing a little better in low light. He had the SE looking like a a pair of kids toy binoculars, and it's just not the case. My guess is he put the vortex on the edge of its adjustments and put the focus out of the center of the lenses making it intentionally blurry. Pure speculation though. I do know the vortex is nothing like he showed. He's a Arken dealer now too, so he's a shill for Arken.
I quit watching his reviews when he did this. I sometimes can become a supporter for certain things, but I want honest reviews even if it hurts my feelings. This SE is the first vortex I've owned in 10 years, I wanted to give them another chance after a pst Gen 1 issue. I'm by no means a vortex fan, I also own the arken, I want them both to work for me and they are. One is a 700$ scope the other is a 400$ scope, if either one fails I'll send it in and get it resolved and ill post my opinion about the issue and the company. I've had very low end scopes up to the mid tier 1500$ range a lot of scopes have passed thru my hands in just in the last couple years. I'm obsessed with trying new scopes, it's a big part of my gun hobby, probably 75% of my hobby. And these scopes are priced appropriately. Every scope I try seems to be that way.

Last edited:
It's hard to take that dude seriously when I compared a strike eagle and a Arken together side by side and it was nothing like in his SE vs Arken review. He was showing a very blurry vortex and a crystal clear Arken, and in reality they both are very close in glass with the SE doing a little better in low light. He had the SE looking like a a pair of kids toy binoculars, and it's just not the case. My guess is he put the vortex on the edge of its adjustments and put the focus out of the center of the lenses making it intentionally blurry. Pure speculation though. I do know the vortex is nothing like he showed. He's a Arken dealer now too, so he's a shill for Arken. I quit watching his reviews when he did this. I sometimes can become a supporter for certain things, but I want honest reviews even if it hurts my feelings. This SE is the first vortex I've owned in 10 years, I wanted to give them another chance after a pst Gen 1 issue. I'm by no means a vortex fan, I also own the arken, I want them both to work for me and they are. One is a 700$ scope the other is a 400$ scope, if either one fails I'll send it in and get it resolved and ill post my opinion about the issue and the company. I've had very low end scopes up to the mid tier 1500$ range a lot of scopes have passed thru my hands in just in the last couple years. I'm obsessed with trying new scopes, it's a big part of my gun hobby, probably 75% of my hobby. And these scopes are priced appropriately. Every scope I try seems to be that way.
It's hard to take that dude seriously when I compared a strike eagle and a Arken together side by side and it was nothing like in his SE vs Arken review. He was showing a very blurry vortex and a crystal clear Arken, and in reality they both are very close in glass with the SE doing a little better in low light. He had the SE looking like a a pair of kids toy binoculars, and it's just not the case. My guess is he put the vortex on the edge of its adjustments and put the focus out of the center of the lenses making it intentionally blurry. Pure speculation though. I do know the vortex is nothing like he showed. He's a Arken dealer now too, so he's a shill for Arken. I quit watching his reviews when he did this. I sometimes can become a supporter for certain things, but I want honest reviews even if it hurts my feelings. This SE is the first vortex I've owned in 10 years, I wanted to give them another chance after a pst Gen 1 issue. I'm by no means a vortex fan, I also own the arken, I want them both to work for me and they are. One is a 700$ scope the other is a 400$ scope, if either one fails I'll send it in and get it resolved and ill post my opinion about the issue and the company. I've had very low end scopes up to the mid tier 1500$ range a lot of scopes have passed thru my hands in just in the last couple years. I'm obsessed with trying new scopes, it's a big part of my gun hobby, probably 75% of my hobby. And these scopes are priced appropriately. Every scope I try seems to be that way.

Well guys I said the Tract scope would be my next scope but after the 100.00 off the price I could not resist.
I just ordered one 4-16x50 MOA for 299.99.
I did order their 34 mm scope ring set (59.00)and will let everybody know what I think of them.
The lead time is about 2 weeks they said on the description and they will send an email when it ships.
Cyclops says they beat many high end scopes and I will give an honest review

I just ordered one 4-16x50 MOA for 299.99.
I did order their 34 mm scope ring set (59.00)and will let everybody know what I think of them.
The lead time is about 2 weeks they said on the description and they will send an email when it ships.
Order - Yippee!

Ring Set - FWIW w/ my 6-24X I also bought the cantilever AR-type mount and it matches any Geiselle or Vortex I have for quality of machining and design!

Lead Time - I ordered a 4-16X on last Friday, just due to te $100 off ... also subject to that alleged 2-week lead time ... and I got it today before 9am, Monday the 22nd! Order to receipt in only 3-days ... counting the freakin' weekend to boot!

Well I ordered my scope and paid for it that day on Novemebr 22 and here it is the 27th day of November and still no scope.
I had high hopes as the website shows all of the 6-24 and 4-16 scopes instock so I had hoped for the scope to be here by now but not so.
Oh well I'll wait and hope to get it next week

Their communication was horrible with me. My scope took alittle over a week and a half. I was given a tracking number in which showed it never left Texas then one day it showed up at my house…..

Their communication was horrible with me. My scope took alittle over a week and a half. I was given a tracking number in which showed it never left Texas then one day it showed up at my house…..
Go figure,Lefty 3855 got his in 3 days.Thats ok.I have plenty of time.
Sitting time is almost here in Montana and it will give me something to do.

Yup. I hear ya. I'm trying to find some one to double check my work on a rifle I set the headspace on so I haven't even shot mine.