• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Arizona. Found! Long range rifle in case

This reminds me of a bow trip long ago.Was out bugling and on way out ran into Steve,of Hammer on here.We got to chatting.Next morning Im ready to leave,and I ask guy at camp?Where you hide my bow?I didnt.I get to thinking,hmmm.Drive 45 miles to where I see Steve,theres my tire tracks in tall grass,Right next to my bow with full quiver of ACC's Had set bow on tool box,backed out and,DUH

Found:
Near Behm Mesa, AZ
Long Range rifle in soft case, middle of road.
Finder of rifle flagged me down and I have his business card. He is eager to get it back to owner. PM me with description of rifle and I will pass along the finders phone #.
Hopefully owner is here on this sight, but if you know of someone who's rifle was lost today we can get it back to rightful owner.
Thanks,
Bob
Both of you are good men!

Everyone at some time in life (slips up)
I know friends that drove several hours to our hunting camp and discover the cased hunting rifle missing. Later discover they left it on kitchen table at home while packing for trip.
Or the guy going on a week long fishing trip. After returning from trip ask wife why she neglected to pack his underwear with his clothes.
She packed his underwear in his tackle box.
You can figure out what kind of (fishing trip) he was on .

Everyone at some time in life (slips up)
I know friends that drove several hours to our hunting camp and discover the cased hunting rifle missing. Later discover they left it on kitchen table at home while packing for trip.
Or the guy going on a week long fishing trip. After returning from trip ask wife why she neglected to pack his underwear with his clothes.
She packed his underwear in his tackle box.
You can figure out what kind of (fishing trip) he was on .
Or,,,,,, WE forgot our tag.

Or,,,,,, WE forgot our tag.
One of my hunting buddies found a hard case on the side of the road on the way too my hunting lease and up the road a ways seen two guys pulled over and he could tell they where freaking out about something and pulled up by them and asked what's the problem make a long story short there guns had fell out the back of the truck and we're we're nearly in tears too get them back as they had a lot of sentimental value too them

Hope You Find The Owner. And He's More Grateful Than The One I Found.. I Went To a Local Public Shooting Range Late One Evening To Confirm Zero. I Was The Only One Their. And Two Tables Down Was a Cased Gun.. I Stayed Till Dark And No One Returned.. I Tossed It In The Truck And Left a Note.With My Name and Number For The Owner.Who Could Claim after, He Described What Was In The Case.. Three Days Later a Man Calls Me To Claim It.Was a Nice Older Remington 870.That Was Left To Him By a Family Member.. He Than Ask If I Didn't Mind Could I Bring It To Him. As He Was Pretty Busy.And It Would Been Hour and Half One Way .. He Finally Met Me After Little Over a Week To Pick It Up. Didn't Even Say Thanks...

I contacted (emailed) the Sgt. at Bagdad, AZ sub-station of the Yavapai County Sheriff. Informed them there was a gun looking for it's owner...
That office is not open on weekends. That's 3 day weekends.. Wow...
Nothing else to update.
There's a chance the owner doesn't know it's even missing yet. If I lost a gun I would call the sheriff, forest service/blm officer, game warden and any other government offices in the area.

You would think he or she would check when they arrived home?
Sure would but I know a lot of times when I get home it's throw everything in my gun room and move onto the next project. I can't tell you how many times I've thought "did I forget my x" then run in and they're laying on top of my gear. You never know!

You say the rifle was in a case....
Was there damage to the exterior of the case..showing it might have ripped the case from the retainers on a quad.....or....did someone absurdly have it stuck in back of truck.......and you said "kids on quads" we're passed....
Curious how it wasn't noticed.....wow

You say the rifle was in a case....
Was there damage to the exterior of the case..showing it might have ripped the case from the retainers on a quad.....or....did someone absurdly have it stuck in back of truck.......and you said "kids on quads" we're passed....
Curious how it wasn't noticed.....wow
No damage anywhere. It's like it was placed there, but figured it was easily dropped, left up against a vehicle and drove off. Don't know.