• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Arizona. Found! Long range rifle in case

Don't rule out a crazy ex-wife...the owner may not even know it's missing.

Or it could be missing for a reason...

Turn it into the local LE dept. and wash your hands clean of it.
It was found in in the middle of a forest road. From what I could guess, it just fell off gently from some kind of vehicle. It looked completely undamaged in a soft case. Absolutely stunning rifle. I mean "eye candy".
I think the owner was hunting that morning.

Contacting the manufacturer could start the bunny trail search from them to the store it was sold from, assuming it's a factory gun. I wonder if it's a custom, based on the comments above ("eye candy") and that could be an even quicker search, provided you can determine the builder?

The only update I can offer is the Game Unit Manager for 18B hunting unit has the info now. Finder jumped right on it and gave AZGF the info. Assuming they will take possession of the rifle in the next few days...
Since AZGF has law enforcement responsibilities, they have full access with all other law enforcement agencies. One step closer I hope....
Can't believe how much this bothers me, lol. Get it home.

Contacting the manufacturer could start the bunny trail search from them to the store it was sold from, assuming it's a factory gun. I wonder if it's a custom, based on the comments above ("eye candy") and that could be an even quicker search, provided you can determine the builder?
Factory action. Every thing else was custom. I asked the guy to take pictures so that when the owner is found, and only then, maybe we could share it with you. We'll see if he could do this.

The only update I can offer is the Game Unit Manager for 18B hunting unit has the info now. Finder jumped right on it and gave AZGF the info. Assuming they will take possession of the rifle in the next few days...
Since AZGF has law enforcement responsibilities, they have full access with all other law enforcement agencies. One step closer I hope....
Can't believe how much this bothers me, lol. Get it home.
It bothers you because you care and good on all of you for that! I know it's only been a day but I'm a bit surprised the owner hasn't missed it yet. I mean if I lost something like that I would be digging up the earth to try to find it. There is a level of responsiblity on the owner here, it is a firearm not a pocket knife. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone.

It bothers you because you care and good on all of you for that! I know it's only been a day but I'm a bit surprised the owner hasn't missed it yet. I mean if I lost something like that I would be digging up the earth to try to find it. There is a level of responsiblity on the owner here, it is a firearm not a pocket knife. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to pass judgement on anyone.
I agree at least for myself, I secure everything and do a walk around to make sure I didn't leave anything before moving. I just don't know about this one. We saw 2 kids riding a quad and a dirt bike earlier, about 5 miles below the mesa. Maybe they borrowed dad's gun and lost it. I just don't know.