Are you noticing a trend?

Yep, like some others here, I am scratching my head......

1 lb. limits at Midway lately.....
Powder dumps that last less than 10 min.

Bout the only thing that MAY have improved is primers, but only CCI primers in particular, and a lot more Small Rifle than Large Rifle or Magnum Large Rifle.

Even so, prices are still double whst they were 2 years ago.

Key in my opinion is unbottlenecking the supply chain.

121 ships stuck offshore CA. right now. Twice what it was a few months ago. I believe Hodgdon in particular is struggling to deliver much.

But, lets see. If we do not see some major powder dumps this month then for sure its not getting better.

Look at Third Generation Shooting Supply. Running on empty. No powder since mid year. Grafs, same. MidSouth way reduced supply occassional burps.

Midway, Powder Valley, Brownells,
Natchez doing the best, but only fits and starts. Prices worst, but Midway and Brownells have had most of the supply of primers in particular, and powder.

The tunnel is still plenty blocked.
Aint no water in the glass or its half full in my opinion, but then I am not an optimist by disposition or training...

This next month will be key.....
We'll see....
There is one area where I believe supply has greatly improved, its in the area of finished boxed ammunition. There is a lot more supply of that and shelves are full again in many stores if you just want ammo. Maybe that too is why reloaders arent being supplied with components. Its all going into store bought ammo.

Thats where all your Berger 215s went.......right into Federal Ammo.

Go buy it, pull the bullets. Cheaper thsn $300 per 100 ct. box of bullets.

I see a trend of the unprepared calling the prepared hoarders.
LOL, that's Marxist logic I don't understand. Might as well call those who have savings "greedy".
I don't compete, yet in a good year of shooting, I'll go through 6K of primers. Sadly, that was last in 2018, but I kept buying, pre panic, knowing the shooting would happen. I guess I'm a greedy hoarder.

I say DO NOT! It is basic supply demand! If yiu buy the federal with the 215, Federal will make more! Who has priority at Berger? You or Federal. Stop buying unless you need it! Reduce demand! Hoard when prices drop!

Yep, like some others here, I am scratching my head......

1 lb. limits at Midway lately.....
Powder dumps that last less than 10 min.

Bout the only thing that MAY have improved is primers, but only CCI primers in particular, and a lot more Small Rifle than Large Rifle or Magnum Large Rifle.

Even so, prices are still double whst they were 2 years ago.

Key in my opinion is unbottlenecking the supply chain.

121 ships stuck offshore CA. right now. Twice what it was a few months ago. I believe Hodgdon in particular is struggling to deliver much.

But, lets see. If we do not see some major powder dumps this month then for sure its not getting better.

Look at Third Generation Shooting Supply. Running on empty. No powder since mid year. Grafs, same. MidSouth way reduced supply occassional burps.

Midway, Powder Valley, Brownells,
Natchez doing the best, but only fits and starts. Prices worst, but Midway and Brownells have had most of the supply of primers in particular, and powder.

The tunnel is still plenty blocked.
Aint no water in the glass or its half full in my opinion, but then I am not an optimist by disposition or training...

This next month will be key.....
We'll see....
It makes the curiosity in me pique that all the "big dogs" have run out of everything, the manufacturers say we're running at flank speed but all anyone can find is on GB. Before the regime change no problem, same number of suppliers same number of reloaders. Just sayin……

We do have 8 million more gun owners this year than last,
and there are 88 million gun owners in the US with over 300 million guns or more.

So the fact that shelves now seem to be stocked w finished box ammo
means a lot of components we want went there instead. Doesnt mean ammo makers arent running full tilt.
Doesnt even mean powder and primer makers arent running full tilt.
Problem in my mind is not much powder making happens inside Conus anymore.

Its all affshore. Alliant, Vihtavuori,
in Europe, Hodgdons brands mainly in Australia and Canada. Some plants Accurate and Winchester in Montana and Florida...but its a logistics and supply chain issue.

Boats stuck offshore....real reasons behind that .......who knows.....

It makes the curiosity in me pique that all the "big dogs" have run out of everything, the manufacturers say we're running at flank speed but all anyone can find is on GB. Before the regime change no problem, same number of suppliers same number of reloaders. Just sayin……
Same number of suppliers - 10 million new gun owners, who knows how many new reloaders - 1.5 years of free money and free time with lockdowns. Once you get behind it's tough to catch up.

Veteran beat me to it.

OP, Great point.

I had been buying "only what I needed" and not be a jackhole hoarder, but now, the hard cup AR type primers (Federal or CCI )supply I have, are running low and I can't get any at this time...so every man for themselves!

That's the beauty of living here in the US, we still have the freedom of choice. What we do with those choices is another story. No one is being forced to buy at current market prices.
It sure would suck to wake up in Iran,China or Russia or any where else each morning.
I buy what I can when I can.

What I've been seeing over the past couple of weeks or so is absolutely identical to what I see in the stock market all the time.
Folks panic or "yolo" buy everything, then at first hint of reduced value, they all start trying to offload just to break even before they really get slaughtered.
I'm starting to see an awful lot of sellers looking to get rid of what they've been HOARDING this whole time.
Anyway, my $0.02, don't buy from these people. They need to learn the hard way. I suspect prices on everything are gonna be coming down in a hurry and hard to find components are about to start becoming abundant.
One key indicator you all need to watch like in the stock market you watch PE ratio, Volume, Moving Averages, Trendlines, oscillators, put/call ratio , Earnings beats or misses.........I'll give one......just one
to watch to see if powder and primers supply is better or not.

Watch only primer prices for Federal 215 M on Gunbroker.

Watch only prices per lb. for
Retumbo, Varget, H1000, RL 26 on
Gunbroker.

Make yourself a weekly plot.

When you see those curves hump over and head down then you know
there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Not before that.