Are You blued steel, 1 inch & fine wood or are you Kevlar, carbon, stainless, 30-34mm??

me too, both... have plenty of glass and stainless but prefer wood and blued steel. for me, f-glass & stainless are a bad excuse for me to get careless with my equipment in the weather... forgot to add: primarily 30mm but new to 34 recently. 34's are getting pretty big for a hunting/packing rifle.

I like the looks of a good wood and blued
69621375020__AE612827-642A-49B2-965D-91B4DE2A9E27.jpeg
gun, but I am rough on equipment the ones I choose look good for much longer

I love nice wood and blued steel that when I would take out a nice rifle hunting I would spend most of the time looking at it and protecting it.
Switched to all SS and Synthetic stocks.
Sorry to say we sold some beautiful wood blued rifles and Shotguns because could not dare take out of the safe.
It was different 50-40 years ago when you could get a beautiful rifle for $300-$400 (a fortune at the time) and people hunted with them. Same rifles today - if you can find would be 10Xs the cost.

I love the look of blued steel and wood but prefer the weight and performance of composites. All hunting rifles are stainless and mostly cerekoted except for my CZ rimfires and marlin 45-70.

All wear adjustable turret scopes in the 30-35 mm range.

My answer is unquestionably...

BOTH!

I will say thay I like looking at the wood/blued ones more than using them because I am always afraid of dinging them, etc.

All the stainless/coated and synthetic stocks are so worry free its hard to not love it.

I am a blue, blue steel, and wood guy... like most you have to leave a little room for the Synthetic and SS stuff as well. Just my .02 Cheers.

View attachment 457105View attachment 457103
DANG IS THAT THE DAISY 762?
No Kiding what a BEAUTIFUL work of Art!!!!!!
Love it and thanks for sharing!!!!!!

I do not ever want to be JEALOUS of anything, but that rifle brings out my WANTING Side!
Thanks
Len & Jill

320 Silicon Carbide paper is cheap enough.Seems if a scratch or dent becomes hard to live with,just erase it. Break out the Tung oil, keep those classic rigs hunting.
Exactly my thoughts. I've repaired-restored-recheckered-refinished more rifles than I can count over the past fifty years. It's all part of the fun and bringing the injured back to life and beauty is very gratifying. The synthetic, stainless, cerakote guns I've had are certainly durable but to this old man they have all the charm and warmth of a scalpel.

Composites/Stainless all the way for me. Other than nostalgia wood/blued rifles are a thing of the past. I do love the look of them but these days they are just impractical. If I needed to beat people to death and drive in tent stakes I'd grab my K98k or M14 but outside of that I don't look twice at any of the blued/wood stuff on the racks.