Are the prices ever coming down on components?!

i just got back from a local gun show this morning. As usual it was heavily attended. There was plenty of ammo at high but not outrageous prices. Almost no reloading components. The one table having powder and primers was over the moon expensive. Only one brick of LR primers at $225 and it was the Remington primers. A few bottles of powder going from $70 to $80 per pound. He stated he just got back from Tulsa and sold all the LR primers he had for that price. No thank you! There was one decent deal on Pork Rinds. If you're looking for junk, this was the place to be.

The fix for high prices is high prices.
Supply will improve when people start focusing on things like food and energy because they are so expensive they can't think about buying anything else.

Kris
Yes in the free market price is the great regulator of supply and demand. Markets will find the equilibrium price that most efficiently allocates supplies to a given demand level. There may be temporary blips and spikes but tge ripples settle so that the market works.

We have just completing a 17,000 mile road trip, primarily in all of the southern states. On that trip we have visited 30+ gun stores/gun smiths. We thought that maybe somewhere, like darkest Alabama, we would find gun stores with loads of ammo, reserved for certain ethnics groups or something. Nope, the story was the same everywhere: No, and I mean no, ammo or reloading components. (The exception being that in the last month 9mm and .223 ammo is becoming available). The ammo companies tell us that they are producing 50% more ammo than ever before. ********. That cannot be. If such were the case the ammo and components would appear on store shelves, even if only momentarily.

A newspaper article appearing in the Lewiston (Idaho) Tribune, hometown of CCI and a host of other small ammo manufactures, contained a quote from one of the manufactures, "We are making ammo as fast as we can, the government is buying all of it up and we are loading it into warehouses for them".

Guys and gals, the time that we thought would never come, when we cannot buy ammo, has come. Actually it has been here since the Obama administration. If you ain't got it, you are S.O.L. Make do with what you can get and how ever you can get it. Use Gunbroker and pay the black market price. Freedom lovers, your government is not your friend.
Can you tell me where this warehouse is located?

I used to go to the range and do load workups and just shoot for fun. A couple of times, I went every day of the week. Since all the scarcity of components and the crazy prices, I haven't done any consistent shooting for over a year and a half. I'm just not that anxious to go burn up what components that I DO have!

Biden claims 9000 leases available for drilling but he doesn't tell you he put a dozen new regulations on drilling which basically makes it unprofitable to drill, he said he would do this before he was elected, nobody listened. I live in NYS, our governor is trying to stop any new built houses from having natural gas for heating by 2024, so now the gas companies will not put in gas lines for houses being built now, so now less houses available, prices go up again, good luck to first time home buyers, 7 more years till retirement, can't wait to leave this s hole of a state.
Natural gas is clean and much better for the environment. they are doing the same to Calif

"This is apparently what the majority of Americans wanted that voted for all this 😅. I just hope they're happy with how much better off they are now, and how much less chaotic their lives are vs the Previous 4 years. 🤔"

What they were voting for was "The Green New Deal" in order to save the earth. Don't you feel better now that you know it has been saved? It has to be, otherwise Obama wouldn't have bought a multimillion dollar home on Long Island, only a few feet above sea level, would he?

Biden claims 9000 leases available for drilling but he doesn't tell you he put a dozen new regulations on drilling which basically makes it unprofitable to drill, he said he would do this before he was elected, nobody listened. I live in NYS, our governor is trying to stop any new built houses from having natural gas for heating by 2024, so now the gas companies will not put in gas lines for houses being built now, so now less houses available, prices go up again, good luck to first time home buyers, 7 more years till retirement, can't wait to leave this s hole of a state.
and everyone though homo cumo was bad lol i do not miss that state

Brandon got more votes than Obama.....or so it be told 🤣🤣

Prices might come down 10% after November depending on if the anti-americans vote the same way they did 2 years ago.

I think powders new normal price will be $40 a pound and primers will be $80 a brick.

Everyone who says "stop hoarding" are comical. As if people "like myself" buying at most a brick primers a year and maybe #10 of powders "pre plandemic" is the reason for the shortages. I'm buying even less now because there isn't anything to buy. There is nothing to hoarde. Anyone live near a copper mine? Anyone live near a lead smelter? How about a powder mill? How about a steel mill? Large machining shop? Wood mill? Family owned chicken farm? Family owned Dairy farm?

All of our **** has been outsourced folks! Or it's owned by huge conglomerates who will never feel the sting of paying taxes. Hard to control a supply chain that starts in a country we don't live in!!! "Wake up America" should be the next presidential campaign slogan for the non Chinese owned political party.