AR 223wssm reload problems

rlb52

Olympic Arms 223wssm

I'm having feeding troubles with reloads. It won't chamber enough to lock up and shoot. I'm using RCBS FL dies and seating deep enough to clear lands on the bullet. It will function every time with factory loads or feeding it single shot.

This is the first AR I've had so checking to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks
Roger

Last edited:
I have no experience with an AR in a wssm, but have ssen the uppers. I do reload for a win m70 in 223 WSSM. Look over on WSSMzone.com. Lots of good info. I know on bolt actions the shoulder needs to be bumped back after almoast every firing. I screw my rcbs die down to the shellholder at full height, then lower scre holder and go another 1/8 or 1/4 turn or so. I dont know if it cold be reloaded to that. I bet it is. If I dont bump the shoulder the round will chamber almost all the way but the bolt is almost impossible to close, then gets more difficult once it is fired. you can search for "bolt wont close" or "shoulder bump" and should find some info.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.