AR .223 Wylde for coyotes

I am not real educated on AR platforms. I only have one, and it is a production rifle.

But what is a left hand barrel??? I have never heard of anything like that. Any barrel can be spun up for a right or left hand bolt action. Or even a left ejection/right bolt action. Doesn't that make them "ambidextrous"?

Does a blank that gets cut and chambered for an AR start out the same as any other barrel blank? I know there is additional work for the gas block, chamber, and stuff.

Do they mean a left twist is needed on a left handed rifle?
Educate me, I love learning new stuff.
basically, the left hand bolt rotates the other direction. there is a slight angle on one side of the barrel extension on a regular barrel . On a ambi barrel it has that metal removed on both sides so bolt will run smooth as it does on a right hand.

Attachments

• ambi-extension.jpg
    ambi-extension.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 11
basically, the left hand bolt rotates the other direction. there is a slight angle on one side of the barrel extension on a regular barrel . On a ambi barrel it has that metal removed on both sides so bolt will run smooth as it does on a right hand.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I love learning new stuff.

As some of you know I been looking for a left hand 204 Ruger bolt gun for about 6 months with not much luck. I decided to build a left hand AR15. My first thought was a 24" 204 Ruger But weight and not as wide range of use has got me looking at 223. very few 223 barrels out there most are 223 wylde . In the 223 Wylde what would be more accurate a 223 round or 5.56 ?? what kind of accuracy could i aspect from a 18" barrel. would it be worth the weight to go up to a 22" bull barrel? most my shooting would be 250 yard and closer back east. being my first AR build, this might be a good chamber and i could shoot both cheap plinker ammo and better stuff for hunting. what do you think?
Check with White Oak -John makes some Awesome AR Uppers.

I built my ar on a spikes upper and lower stripped and went with a 20 inch kreiger 1:8.4 twist I went with a 223 cut on chamber not the wylde. It's got a two stage geissle 3.5 lb trigger and all the goodies . Shoots 77gr and 69 gr was put together for javalina and coyote hunting