looking for a sub moa AR upper for varmint/coyotes

kshekailo919

Can anyone suggest a high quality accurate upper for an AR platform. I would like to stick with 223 because I have thousands of empty cases but if I have to go with another caliber I'd be ok with that. It's just another set of dies. So what would you guys choose and why? There are so many options to choose from. Looking for an 18" or bigger match grade bull barrel.

Can anyone suggest a high quality accurate upper for an AR platform. I would like to stick with 223 because I have thousands of empty cases but if I have to go with another caliber I'd be ok with that. It's just another set of dies. So what would you guys choose and why? There are so many options to choose from. Looking for an 18" or bigger match grade bull barrel.

Check out RRA's offerings; mine is a Wylde (takes .223/5.56).

Good luck!

Now building a RRA for "legs" competition. But my all time most accurate AR upper was a 20 inch DPMS fluted SS 1-9. It would shoot 10 shots into a 1/4 by 3/8 ragged hole at 100 yds. This was Sierra 60 gr SPFB over H 335.
It was "boringly accurate". gun) lightbulb

My factory RRA will do just over half moa @100 w/69 sierra tmk's. Thats with little to no load development. Maybe I'll try and shrink it but I'm happy w/ that accuracy out of a bone stock gas gun. It is the elite operator.

I have a stag arms varminter that will shoot sub moa out to 700 yards in consistent conditions....
24 inch barrel 8 twist works well with 75 grain pills at 2800 ft per sec. I was out with a buddy and he reserved a thousand yard range so his friends could get their rifles dialed in for deer season. They were shooting at the 600 yard line to see the groups and test dopes and I let my ma shoot my little 556. She shot a 4.625 inch 5 shot group with it in shifting winds. The fellas all told her that they would be willing to give her their tags so she could fill them for them.... We all got a laugh..
momsgroupat600yardswith556_zpsfcee771a.jpg.html
http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/s...0yardswith556_zpsfcee771a.jpg.html?sort=2&o=2

Like others have already stated, if you want an upper to shoot within the parameters you have specified, choose the JP.

I've had many uppers of several makers. The ones that have shot consistently shot the well under MOA have always been the JPs.

Good luck!

my $90 triton barrel shoots consistently under 1 moa at 200 yards with federal 50gr varmint. 1.25-1.5moa with federal xm193.
shop . doasales . net/ Triton-AR15-16-M4-1-7-556-melonite-QPQ-nitrided-barrel-TRI16M4.htm

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts