Bullets for coyotes?

I'm not familiar with the 22 Creedmore. But, I have no doubt that a 77gr. bullet will kill a coyote as dead as anything else. That said, unless you are planning in shooting them way out there, i would not expect that combo to be very fur-friendly. I'd be prepared for two holes, with the exit being substantially larger than the entrance...

I have a custom 22-250AI 1:7" twist that I have used most match bullets in, including the 77g Sierra on foxes and wild dogs here in Australia, as well as small to medium sized hogs. I found most of them very explosive, the exit wounds being very large. The same being true for most varmint type bullets, however the lighter HP bullets tend to stay in. The 50/55g Nosler BT are also good with 9/10 having an exit.

Cheers.

Shubey, you are set up for 90's. It is always fun to try new bullets on coyotes, and I wish you good luck. 77g MK are super accurate, and we would all like to see some pictures of your success, about half a dozen would make my day, and yours also! Hee Hee!

6.5" twist may kill you on RPM's spinning the jacket apart, especially as the barrel will get some wear on it. Manufacturers are good at telling you what rpm range their bullets operate in the best...I would lean on them hard!

Last edited:
Nosler Ballistic tips are the king of tough when it comes to not comping apart due to RPM but still making varmints fly. If you have issues look into them for sure . We have had 108 eldm come apart fairly regularly at 3100ish in a 7 twist 6 creed .. that's only 318,000 rpm. Not as tough as the 75 eldm's I'm running at 327k and not a failure yet at about 600 rounds. We'll see though!!