Where to go for coyotes?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I may want to do some long range coyote hunting this winter or early spring. Maybe guided...maybe not. (I have no experience)

How far from Wisconsin would I need to go?

Ernie

SPONSOR
Len,
You may give my hunting buddy Stve Hugel (sscoyote) a call. He frequents this forum and likes to both call and stalk coyotes. More and more he is leaving his rifles at home and instead is using specialty handguns.
If you can't contact him or find his info send me an e-mail.
[email protected]

sscoyote

Hey Len-- gimme a call sometime-- 719-564-5609. Have u tried to get ahold of Tim Behle-- he's sure here a lot, and shoots 'em way out there with his big 7mm.

rost495

DWM

Strictly FYI. TPW doesn't classify an air rifle or pellet gun as being a legal weapon. Even though Coyotes are not game animals or furbearers. We had an interesting situation brought up in town(TX) where a kid shot a squirrel with a pellet gun. Its against the law. I"m not saying anyone would prosecute or even catch ya but.... FWIW just a heads up.

Jeff

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Chris

Yea, but you're such a good caller you get them into 12 yards and that's no challenge for the shooter!

(How long are the shot opportunities and when is a good season?)

LB

Well, a subject with which I am familiar, but, I'm 2000 miles away.

I know Tim Behle, he has good area down in Mc Neal, AZ, but that's almost as far.

Maybe the best bet is to give Scott Huber a call? He's in South Dakota, works animal control, well known on the 'net as Wiley E.

[email protected]
(605) 462 - 6666 office

You might mention my name.

Good luck, Leonard

Big Sky

SPONSOR
Come back to Montana and shoot all you want. If I'm not mistaken you don't even need a license for coyotes in Montana, as they are not considered protected wildlife.

ggkkpp

I hope you dont think Wis is a bad place to shoot yotes. I live about 1 hour away from you and we have tons of them......Why not go around here? or there in osh. You guys must have tons too?

speedbump

Len,

We have an abundance of 'yotes down here. I have access to several thousand acres of ground, so finding a set up will be little problem.

My 'smith & his machinist like to come over for 3-4 days in January or February & hunt HARD. They've given up on Indiana & say they see more dogs in 3 days here than in an entire season in Hoosierland. You're welcome to come south and get after it.

260shooter

Speedbump:

Where you located? And is your smiths name Geoff?
I am in Olney, and will be taking some time off in late Jan to hunt. If you want to huntdrop me a line.

Bill

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce