AR-15 question

Firearrow

Just got back from shooting my new AR-15, and I was woundering what is it that makes an AR-15 fully auto? I am not going to try and convert it. I built my rifle and was woundering what part would be different to make it a full auto?

Just got back from shooting my new AR-15, and I was woundering what is it that makes an AR-15 fully auto? I am not going to try and convert it. I built my rifle and was woundering what part would be different to make it a full auto?

Since when is the ATF trolling around longrangehunting?

Dont have the itch to shoot a full auto, my cousin has a m-4 and works for the PD and is a SWAT guy. He said I could squeeze a few rounds out if I wanted. I was just curious how the parts would be different from semi auto to full auto. Was trying to imagine it in my head. Never thought this question would spark such a "heated" response. Should of asked how do I get my wife to shoot my AR-15 in her baithing suit, and some stripper shoes. This probably would have gone over better.

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

get a copy of the bushmaster catalog, they have a drawing showing the actual differences between full auto parts and semi auto parts. this is important ! if you buy m-16 parts and not realize the difference, install them in an ar 15 you have created a class three weapon even though the gun will not function fully auto at that point. you say your buddy has a full auto version. take a moment and compare the difference of the external lower receiver to yours and you should also see a difference or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.