AR-15 Trigger Job

Garrett H.

I have a Bushmaster V-Match and I am not happy with the factory trigger. I have heard some good things about the Timney drop in triggers but I am looking for some other good alternatives out there.

Garrett

this isn't a drop in trigger but they have turn around time of around a week and I have found no other trigger as good. WTS Home
the unset pull is so smooth and crisp you can't believe its a AR, the set trigger is over before you know it.

Garrett

I Have had the same problem .

I was going to buy an Timney Trigger . an A Friend told me about the J P Springd .
J P Springs is ste at 3.5 trigger Pull

I fixed it with an J P spring Kit from brownnels .

You can put the J P Spring in in about 5 miuntes .

The J P Springs will make the trigger pull form 7.5 to 3.5 .

Try them First

They just run $10.00

Redbone

Garrett H.

I've tested several after-market triggers for the AR-15, and I desided to go with the JP hammer & trigger. The hammer is very light weight, and it will noticably speed up your lock time. This makes it easier to shoot well, especially from the offhand position. The JP trigger (the trigger itself) is quite time consuming to install correctly, and it must be installed by someone with a great deal of patience to get the most from it. When using the JP trigger and JP hammer, I can always get the trigger to 3 pounds, and it's as crisp as any trigger you ever saw. However, I don't recommend using the JP hammer spring ( or ANY weaker hammer spring), because the primer hit becomes too light to provide good accuracy. In fact, I always use the heaviest hammer spring I can find when installing the JP trigger parts.

Anyone can lighten the AR-15 trigger by installing a weak hammer spring, but I bet you'll notice a loss of accuracy due to poor ignition.

- Innovative

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.