APS Big Boy!

My first XP was chambered in 7-08 and it was a great shooter.
Sold it to Steve (sscoyote) and then had a 284 Win. XP built after that.
They just keep getting bigger:D

From Kirby's experiences so far, it isn't necessary.
If I get a lot of lift I could always have holes put in the top.

Did some shoot and clean with the 250 AB's yesterday and the perceived recoil was pretty insignificant:D
On the first shot I pulled back to only see part of the field of view-Not neededlightbulb
On the second and third shots I got up to closer to a full field of view.
Was shooting off of a smooth bench, with a BR bi-pod and small field bag.
When shooting prone, I know it will come back even less:D
Plan to shoot some 300 grain SMK's today.

Sounds like the Pain Killer is working, glad to hear it. I didn't doubt it though.

What's your total weight including bipod ?
My Lapua tops out at 16 pounds exactly with bipod. Movement is 2 inches on a smooth bench and less when set up prone in the dirt. My problem has been I look too straight on and if I get to close I bump my nose! I need to remember to turn my head then I think I will be OK.

The 338 Norma mag will be much lighter, probably around 11.5-12 pounds. I'm expecting more movement, but nothing too severe. Still, I'm going to start with a 3-12 pistol scope with B-plex and a 20 moa base. Having "tactical" turrets installed on the Burris. I think with this combo will get my out to 1K considering the velocities I'm hoping for.

Looking forward to hearing how the 300 grain SMK's do recoil wise.

Doug

The Gillette News-Record: Today

Ernie, Is this your gun? Didn't Kirby build it?

Yes, Kirby did it.
I had it out there (still is) doing some shoot and clean.
I think Chuck grabbed a unique weapon for the pic.
Chuck is a good friend.
The ability to shoot and clean without having to run back and forth is really nice.
With the use of a bore scope I can also make sure that the bore is clean, which is extremely useful in barrel break-in.
They called it a rifle too in the article--Ugh:D
I didn't know the pic was in the paper till about 2 hours ago myself.
I think Chuck grabbed it for my benefit-Thanks Chuck!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.