Anything that will beat the March for what it is?

At a very small weight penalty id take the TT,if you've had or have one. A 6.5 doesn't need that high of mag for what it is. I would myself like to look threw a newer March to compare to mine.Mine is optically with my mark 4. I evening at 1/4 off my hot tub.I can see the barbs on fence with my mark 5 and not my march.The mark 5 is much clearer.My March is basically a 20 x , past that it looses definition.

At a very small weight penalty id take the TT,if you've had or have one. A 6.5 doesn't need that high of mag for what it is. I would myself like to look threw a newer March to compare to mine.Mine is optically with my mark 4. I evening at 1/4 off my hot tub.I can see the barbs on fence with my mark 5 and not my march.The mark 5 is much clearer.My March is basically a 20 x , past that it looses definition.
What model march and how old? That's a bummer to hear

I got it in 2015 3-24x52 F1.I like all the features, and size ,weight.Just wish it was like looking threw my mark 5 and it would be perfect for me

Recently had the opportunity to compare 5 scopes. Now these prices are approximate and I'm only talking about optics. Zeiss $2200, leupold $1800, vortex $1000, arken $360, vortex $300. I was surprised that the optics quality followed right along with the price. The zeiss was amazing. Other features did not correspond with the price. For instance the arken 0 stop and adjust seemed equal in quality to the zeiss but the arken is much to heavy for hunting. Higher price vortex very close to leupold while the lower end didn't do anything very well.
I have also been looking at march but never had the opportunity to try one. Would like to hear more on the subject.
Seems to me that nikon getting out of the scope business was probably a good thing, opened up the flood gates for others.
Seems to me that nikon getting out of the scope business was probably a good thing, opened up the flood gates for others.
Likely the other way round. Nikon saw the writing on the wall: Drastic competition increase caused by mfring capacity, China & elsewhere), Licenseable CAD optical formulas providing improved quality / function
at more price points.

Company focus is now on industrial prodcts for IC & microprocessor production & inspection. Consumer products including cameras now generate, IIRC, less than 50% of their profits.

The March demo units are in Houston area. They are made available to their dealers. I am sure the guy in charge of them will let you look through whatever he has on hand.

I used the demo 2.5x25x52 while mine is on order. My name is on the dealer list at their website.

Send me a PM or email for the guy's contact information.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Maven RS.1 with a turret 24 oz
Nightforce NX8. ??
Tangent Theta 315HH 26 oz
Old Bushnell LRHS. 24 oz

I have had a Swarovski Z5 BT 3x18 44mm on my mountain gun for over 5 years…no problems shooting out 550 yards with it.

All the above will do what the March does…some for more money—some for less…

Last edited:
Maven RS.1 with a turret 24 oz
Nightforce NX8. ??
Tangent Theta 315HH 26 oz
Old Bushnell LRHS. 24 oz

I have had a Swarovski Z5 3x18 44mm on my mountain gun for over 5 years…no problems shooting out 550 yards with it.

All the above will do what the March does…some for more money—some for less…
Do you dial extensively with the Swaro? I have a z5i that I use on a whitetail gun (that I never dial), but I'm not 100% sure I trust the turrets enough to switch it to a mountain gun where I will dial elevation quite a bit. Would love to be wrong

Extensively…well no…but I hunt with it…I've killed a few things with it, I practice with it—-and if called to do a stone sheep with it tomorrow I'd take it, without hesitation.

Have March 2.5-25 x 52mm on a 6.5 SAUM. LOVE it. Hunt woods of Alabama (close range, low light in woods) and WY Antelope with it. Perfect in all situations. Turrets are very good, low profile, the right feel for clicks, and of course reproducible results. Glass-wise I can only compare to a NF 5.5x22 NSX and an ATACR 5x25. March has way better optics than the NSX and on par with the ATACR. I find the ATACR has a slightly better eye box, but the March eye box is not at all limiting. The comment of parallax being too sensitive, I agree and don't agree. Yes, it is more sensitive than my other scopes, but it is not limiting for hunting. I have not found another scope that combines optic quality, 10X magnification, great turrets and low weight. Good luck with your decision.

Oh yes, for sake of clarity, this is a SFP version for March.