Is there anything like a sunglass for scopes

dgr416

I just tried my 6×24 x50 mm 30mm Nikon at sunset .It has a almost blur out from looking towards where the sun had set .My 12x50 binos don't have this problem but the scope does . It was perfict infill after the sun set before dark .I hope I can fix this problem this is why I bought this scope to shoot out at 500 yards .Its probally letting in too much light .I didn't try the sun shade yet but hope it helps too .

Tried the sun shade didbt help .These deer come out right in the sunset and it's the only place I can shoot them from .It did it on my Nikon 4×16×50 scope too and my brothers same scope .I have had flip caps that were yellow but that makes it brighter .

You could also try stretching a piece of pantyhose over the front lens(held with an elastic band) and see if that cuts down on the amount of light from the setting sun

It gets bad above 10 power .I just bought two of these awesome scope just need to fix this problem .I like those mrad illuminated cross hairs too .

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.