Anything that will beat the March for what it is?

I looked hard and long at the March F for my last rifle. I came real close to ordering several times. Ended up buying the Zeiss V6 3-18x50. So far so good, but I miss illumination. I just could not justify $3K for the March. If I am going to get in that range, I'm going to go all in and buy a TT315.

I have a March 3-24x42 on a 6.5 PRC custom build that I've had for about 4 years. Taken multiple elk, some at over 450 yards and can easily shoot consistently to 600 yards at the range (range limit). I selected it for the optics, weight and price (in that order). Just completed a second custom lightweight build in 300 PRC (and looked at all the options (i.e. Nightforce, Swaro, Leupold, Zeiss, etc.) and came full circle back to March. Installed a 3-24 X52 (for the added low light capability). I firmly believe in FFP scopes for Long Range Hunting. I've had no issues with either scope.
IMG_1207.jpg

I have the March 3X24 and have had it for over 5 yrs. Been a great scope for me. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. If the rifle/scope are properly fitted to me then the eyebox is fine.
Recently there was a comparison and report on the March and a couple of other scopes over on snipers hide. Might look for that. Lots of good info there.
Bruce

I looked hard and long at the March F for my last rifle. I came real close to ordering several times. Ended up buying the Zeiss V6 3-18x50. So far so good, but I miss illumination. I just could not justify $3K for the March. If I am going to get in that range, I'm going to go all in and buy a TT315.
I paid $2575 at OpticsPlanet with a coupon plus veteran discount. Still can't believe I spent that much. However, the reticle and low turrets with a good weight for what you get, I couldn't bring myself to anything else. The FML-1 reticle is perfect for me. I have an Athlon Ares BTR Gen2 with a Christmas tree that I can swap around on my range guns (308 and 22LR). I haven't even dared looking at TT's or anything of the sort because then nothing else would do. LOL!

FWIW, Per your posts in another thread, I would look at the close out Leica Amplus 6 2.5-15x50 at EuroOptic. It's 24oz. I think and cheap enough to move along with little loss if you don't like it. Good luck in your search!
I'm also building a light weight 7prc now… with the same dilemma… ordered a amplus 6 last night to try … still on the fence about a nx8 or nxs 2-10

OP,,, I've been where you're at in search of best optic for my personal use. Went thru a few the last couple years searching. Was always hesitant to make the jump to top tier optics.
Wasn't always satisfied with lighter weight scopes.
Finally went to a couple optics that opened my eyes to what Top Tier optics had to offer.
I should've bit the bullet & went there long ago.
Save up & get the best glass you can afford.
You won't regret it.
Check out ZCO & TT.

That's what I'd do.....procrastinate on a Special Price.....CLOSE OUT!...but hey Muddy...maybe they have an endless supply of them and the price and Close-out...is just to draw you in!🤣
No doubt I would but just won that Vortex so no real absolute need other than dang its nice!!!

I've got analysis paralysis on the right scope for an 18 inch 6.5 PRC mountain rig. Goal is as lightweight as possible, but still need to make ethical shots from 500-700 yards. FFP is always nice, but I mostly dial and can sit at max mag if I need to hold, so SFP is fine and I am used to both SFP and FFP scopes. In other words, I would go SFP for serious weight reduction, but still would love a magical FFP scope to arise that I've never heard of. I will want illumination on this one.

Obvious choice seems to be a March 3-24x42 at 21 oz., but I've never used one and don't have time to find someone who has one to look through. It checks all the boxes, and it looks like they sell pretty cheap on the aftermarket if I am patient. Problem is reports of terrible parallax, which I'm scared to deal with on a fleeting 500 yard shot, and (fewer) reports of average lowlight performance. I can be a glass snob, especially when it comes to lowlight. Another option is swaro, and I love my swaros. But, they are on zero and forget whitetail guns and I rarely dial them. I hear they are pretty unreliable for dialing, and I don't want a scope to go down five miles into the mountains on a gun that I will certainly need to dial on.

Anyone know of a 20ish ounce or lighter scope that isn't a leupold that could fit my needs? Moreover, any firsthand experience with the March 3-24?

Thanks in advance
"Mountain Gun" can have a varied meaning I guess. In my experience I want a mountain hunting rifle to be absolutely reliable first and foremost and then come the requirements for the type of hunting. Guns in scabbards get slammed into trees on a horse. Maybe you take a tumble with it on your pack. **** happens up there. If I close my eyes and pick something up that weighs 8 ounces it's nothing. Get the scope you need regardless of a little weight. Proper turrets, proper tracking, the right reticle, and being tough mean more than the weight. Maybe this still takes you to the March option, maybe not.

I've got analysis paralysis on the right scope for an 18 inch 6.5 PRC mountain rig. Goal is as lightweight as possible, but still need to make ethical shots from 500-700 yards. FFP is always nice, but I mostly dial and can sit at max mag if I need to hold, so SFP is fine and I am used to both SFP and FFP scopes. In other words, I would go SFP for serious weight reduction, but still would love a magical FFP scope to arise that I've never heard of. I will want illumination on this one.

Obvious choice seems to be a March 3-24x42 at 21 oz., but I've never used one and don't have time to find someone who has one to look through. It checks all the boxes, and it looks like they sell pretty cheap on the aftermarket if I am patient. Problem is reports of terrible parallax, which I'm scared to deal with on a fleeting 500 yard shot, and (fewer) reports of average lowlight performance. I can be a glass snob, especially when it comes to lowlight. Another option is swaro, and I love my swaros. But, they are on zero and forget whitetail guns and I rarely dial them. I hear they are pretty unreliable for dialing, and I don't want a scope to go down five miles into the mountains on a gun that I will certainly need to dial on.

Anyone know of a 20ish ounce or lighter scope that isn't a leupold that could fit my needs? Moreover, any firsthand experience with the March 3-24?

Thanks in advance
Swarovski

OP,,, I've been where you're at in search of best optic for my personal use. Went thru a few the last couple years searching. Was always hesitant to make the jump to top tier optics.
Wasn't always satisfied with lighter weight scopes.
Finally went to a couple optics that opened my eyes to what Top Tier optics had to offer.
I should've bit the bullet & went there long ago.
Save up & get the best glass you can afford.
You won't regret it.
Check out ZCO & TT.
I'm with you. The problem is weight. I've got a Magnus and I had a TT315. Magnus is phenomenal but heavier than I want (same issue with the TT). I'm trying to capture the Magnus in a lightweight package, and the march seems to be the closest thing in existence