Anyone's hands get sore after priming brass?

My grip doesn't get sore when using a hand primer, but handling the brass for an extended period of time makes my hands ache. that being said, priming has always been my nemesis. Weather its my stupid Hornady progressive press priming system screwing up, not catching a military pocket, or my stupid little RCBS hand primer getting stuck, or not feeding right, I gotta do something different. I like the press that Slick8 is using. Time for a change it sounds like.

My grip doesn't get sore when using a hand primer, but handling the brass for an extended period of time makes my hands ache. that being said, priming has always been my nemesis. Weather its my stupid Hornady progressive press priming system screwing up, not catching a military pocket, or my stupid little RCBS hand primer getting stuck, or not feeding right, I gotta do something different. I like the press that Slick8 is using. Time for a change it sounds like.
Who makes the press Slick8 is using? Is that RCBS?

Hell my hand are sore all the time. At 72 they should be doing something. I made my living as carpenter or a construction labor. Started using hand tools at about 8 yrs of age. Replaced one knee, and one shoulder, and hopefully I will get my other shoulder replaced next year. What the big deal? So I hurt that life! I am not going to stop until the day I die. Work smarter not harder.

Hell my hand are sore all the time. At 72 they should be doing something. I made my living as carpenter or a construction labor. Started using hand tools at about 8 yrs of age. Replaced one knee, and one shoulder, and hopefully I will get my other shoulder replaced next year. What the big deal? So I hurt that life! I am not going to stop until the day I die. Work smarter not harder.
"I am not going to stop until the day I die. Work smarter not harder."
Very wise words.

No, never - I use a cheap Lee press mounted primer tool and laboriously place one primer at a time into the tool with my real olde fingers (much older than Mike's). Can't be that bad, we shoot up to 3,500 rounds per year.

My butt hurts after sitting too long when priming.I tried butt donuts ,but they raise me up too high off my strata lounger and I can't reach my beer cooler.What to do???

Not since I bought this little jewel.

View attachment 237351
I also have used the RCBS priming tool. It does a good job except when I get down to the last couple of primers. Then it has the infuriating ability to throw the last couple of primers to the side with enough velocity to escape into the nether regions of the garage floor. It seems worse with small primers but will toss the large ones as well. At least this is my experience. I eventually changed over to hand priming with the Frankfort tool. I also prefer to feel them into place. I typically do around 150 cases at a time. My hands are now 76 years young/old take your pick,

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.