Hand priming tools

The K&M tool gives me the feel I need to seat primers and feel the anvil touch off. Then I can set this as the depth. This allows me to very precisely seat primers on precision rifle and hunting rounds.

I just went through replacing my old Lee auto primer tool. I bought the Frankford priming tool after reading waaay to many reviews, opinions, etc. It is one STOUT tool. Of course, time will tell, but if it lasts 10 years, it will out last my shooting life span....I don't think there is a better tool, but it's always up to the user...rsbhunter

I liked the old lee tool with the black tray. Keeping it lubed helped with wear. Liaded many cases of primers with it. Currently have a white tray version. It works but will probably be replaced eventually.

Have used the RCBS and didnt like it.

Frankford tool is the best I have used and is a very solid tool that will last. I would buy it again.
I also have the RCBS and it works as it should. Just doesn't feel as solid. I don't have any experience with K&M.

Hate to admit it, but IF Lee made the old style again, I'd buy another one...I had 2, one for LG primers and one for sm primers....scavenged parts when the first one broke, then the second one started not seating deep enough (wear on the pivot). Maybe we need to contact Lee and tell them to go back to the original one...no more "New and improved" version....BUT , the Frankford Arsenal is awesome !!!!!!! rsbhunter

I like the Sinclair single priming tool, easy to set up and great feel. But like the gentleman earlier it's really just a personal choice, most people who reload probably have a couple different ones. So don't be afraid to get something to try and if you don't like it no big deal get another one. Just keep the old ones as backup or sell them.

I have the Sinclair hand priming tool too and I like it but the Sinclair shell holders are expensive. The Lee shell holders are much less expensive but they don't fit perfectly; I had to grind down the outside edges a bit to get them to fit.

Look at the one made by 21st century with click adjustment. I also use one by Primal Rights, but it is very pricey.

I like the Sinclair single priming tool, easy to set up and great feel. But like the gentleman earlier it's really just a personal choice, most people who reload probably have a couple different ones. So don't be afraid to get something to try and if you don't like it no big deal get another one. Just keep the old ones as backup or sell them.

Never tried the K&M tool even though I have their primer pocket uniformer for over 20 years now and it works superbly.
I do own standard hand primers from:
RCBS
Hornady
Lee
And a RCBS strip fed bench priming tool.
I ended up liking the Hornady hand primer the best, I can not say its actually any better then the rest as I never determine one was significantly better than the other I just preferred the way the Hornady felt VS the rest.
They all primed well never any issues with any of them except Lee cautioned to never use Federal large rifle magnum primers, but i did anyhow and never had a problem.
Like so much else in the world of reloading (as well as most else in life) what works for me and is my most beloved may not be the same for you.
No experience with the Frankfort arsenal tool but the reviews are overwhelmingly positive and it's sold OTC at Cabelas so if there is one near you try it, if you don't like it exchange it for a RCBS and repeat the process until you find a tool you like.

I have a 21st century hand primer, which is top not. However it does not auto load primers, which the frankford does. I'd go frankford.

I have the Frankfort it seems like a good tool. I have no complaints primer size and caliber swaps are fast and easy.

The frankford hand primer is on sale at Midway right now, $56 think I'm going to get one and see what I think. Comes with shellholders, adj seating depth, large and small primers gotta try one.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.