Anyone's hands get sore after priming brass?

Yes, especially with hand priming a bunch of .408 brass.

I don't get sore, but I get mad enough to punch a puppy when I prime .50 BMG because my worthless Dillon priming die wont consistently seat the RWS primers to .018.
We hope to offer a 50BMG conversion in the future to remedy this. :)

Well I never planned on loading 9mm since I could buy them as cheap as load them, so I just use my RCBS hand loader to prime everything. Well seeing the writing on the wall in April I ordered 5000 9mm and 5000 300 Blk cases and bullets due to Covid, civil unready and the Election coming up.. well I can only prime 500 in a sitting and my hands get soar..

Mine have a lot of arthritis. I have quit using the hand held priming tools . Right thumb gets sore from any type of use. Whenever I get x-rays on any part of my body the technician tells me that I must have led a rough life.

I call it lots of experience.

Mine have a lot of arthritis. I have quit using the hand held priming tools . Right thumb gets sore from any type of use. Whenever I get x-rays on any part of my body the technician tells me that I must have led a rough life.

I call it lots of experience.
I am in the same boat...........lot's of hard experience........too much~!

Priming has never been a real broblem. An RCBS and Lee hand priming tools did the job before 2 550 Dillons. One set up small and the other large primer.
What does hurt my hands is trimming. A Little Crow trimmer helps withe the 223 but have yet to addd the other rounds

Priming has never been a real broblem. An RCBS and Lee hand priming tools did the job before 2 550 Dillons. One set up small and the other large primer.
What does hurt my hands is trimming. A Little Crow trimmer helps withe the 223 but have yet to addd the other rounds
You should invest in the Henderson trimmer. That'll keep your hands stress free for sure!

That was what I was after. Thank you @MagnumManiac.

I have a brand new Competition Primer Seater sitting here with your name on it. No charge. You'll never buy (or want to use) another priming tool as long as you live. Just PM me your real name, then put an order in for a CPS on our website. You'll check out for the full amount, but you will not be charged. In the comments section during checkout... reference this post and I'll see that you do not pay a cent. I hope this helps set the tone for you in 2021.

Happy New Year!

Greg Dykstra
Primal Rights Inc
605-554-1911
www.primalrights.com
Wow, your generosity is boundless, I am flabbergasted at your offer, you sir, have made my year.
I am humbled by your kindness and regard to others in this sport/love we all share.

I really do not know if I can take you up on your offer, you see, I am not a resident of the US, I am Australian, so maybe it should go to a US resident?
I live with my hand problem daily, it gets put to the back of my mind so is it there, but not, if that makes sense.

Again, thank you for your kind offer.

Cheers.

Wow, your generosity is boundless, I am flabbergasted at your offer, you sir, have made my year.
I am humbled by your kindness and regard to others in this sport/love we all share.

I really do not know if I can take you up on your offer, you see, I am not a resident of the US, I am Australian, so maybe it should go to a US resident?
I live with my hand problem daily, it gets put to the back of my mind so is it there, but not, if that makes sense.

Again, thank you for your kind offer.

Cheers.
I'll just call our international distributor, Graf & Sons... and I know they'll be happy to help get this unit headed your way when their stock delivery arrives! We are getting quite a few customers in your neck of the woods. I hope you'll show this unit to a few more of them! ;)

I'll be in contact via PM as soon I can get this moved through with them. Please PM me your shipping information. They are super backed up right now, so I'll ask for your patience. Might take a bit for it to hit your shores. :)

Last edited:
I use the rcbs hand primer, I like to compare it to those old hand squeeze gripper exercisers that we had when I was a kid.

That was what I was after. Thank you @MagnumManiac.

I have a brand new Competition Primer Seater sitting here with your name on it. No charge. You'll never buy (or want to use) another priming tool as long as you live. Just PM me your real name, then put an order in for a CPS on our website. You'll check out for the full amount, but you will not be charged. In the comments section during checkout... reference this post and I'll see that you do not pay a cent. I hope this helps set the tone for you in 2021.

Happy New Year!

Greg Dykstra
Primal Rights Inc
605-554-1911
www.primalrights.com
That is one 0f the nices things I have seen in a long time. Have a very successful future with your company and a great 2021 new year.

If giving away the most effortless priming tool in the world to a guy that needs it is advertising, then so be it. I'll use any justification I can to do some good in this world when the urge hits me. I wish more people would.

...and if Andy would check his email, We'd already be signed up for sponsorship for the year. ;) @Andy Backus If we're not able to get together via email, you can always give me a call. :) 605-554-1911

I wish I could give our priming tool to everyone in your situation. Unfortunately that just isn't practical. However, I can give you a $50 discount if you reference this post in the comments during your checkout process. The CPS has taken the agony out of priming for a lot of people over the years.
We'll boy do I feel foolish, I guess I should read a thread before responding. I replied to your thread after just reading your post and then was called away from my computer, I am taking care of my mother who is home on Hospice.I had no idea what the thread was about, I thought it was just going to be some good advise. I just got a chance to get back to the computer and LRH forum and looked at this thread and am embarrassed reading this post and seeing my post jump up on page 4, after reading what a generous thing that was taking place. Its just that I don't want people to think that I was trying to take advantage of someones generosity. The way the time line looks it makes it look like I was asking for a handout when in reality I just read the OP's first post and answered his question, I had not read the rest of the tread until just now.

Greg, I appreciate your generosity and am in no way implying you or anyone else has said anything or implied what I stated above. Its just when I finally got to read the thread today it didn't look good to me with my response on page 4 after you had already told everyone your intentions and then my post comes up. I didn't want people to think I was asking for something or get the wrong idea, that would be the farthest from the truth.

I will take a look at your website and see what you have going on and thank you for the generous offer for the rebate, I'm on a fixed income and anything helps. What you did is a great act of kindness and hope this helps MagnumMadness in his loading because I know priming is the worst part of loading for me, it is debilitating to say the least.

Acts of kindness like this makes me remember there are still lots of great people out there, unfortunately with the way our society works too many times they become overshadowed by the bad ones.Hope everyone has a Happy New Year,

Sincerely,
Dave aka Muleystalker

What do you use to prime your brass?
How many rounds at a time?
How old are your hands LOL?
I use the RCBS tool that has a tube that will hold up to 100 primers with a leveraged handle that makes priming a piece of cake, seats them perfectly, ie no "high primers" to have to re-seat ever again. I Cannot recommend a primer tool any better than this one. The old "hand squeeze" tools do cause blisters and with arthritis in my hands, thankful to not ever have to use these hand primers again!!!! It bolts/screws to a table top and is very handy. Load the tube, and it delivers one primer at a time.
Google RCBS priming tools.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.