Anyone seen these before

There's a lot of factory ammo that is pretty horrible from a QC perspective, doesn't mean it's not accurate enough for what it's used for. How many billions of rounds were expended over the last two wars that weren't even intended to hit anything? If you can cut the weight of a belt in half you can carry twice as much of it, and if the standard is 4 moa that's not hard to get.

We puke over something being 1 moa haha.

I heard stories of some of our SOCOM folks wanting refit M14/M1As for the bigger bullets. They changed their mind after the mountains of AFG when they realized they were carrying twice the weight for half the bullets.

In cases like this I am all for this, however they still need to be accurate!

Cabela's today
They announced a couple of weeks ago that they would be hitting retail markets...they are like Bic lighters....use em' and throw em ' away. ! My only concern is the world has created enough garbage...I would think in today's market ( anybody feel free to chime in and correct me if you disagree) especially with the scarcity of shells, that 90% of all brass is being reloaded or recycled. What do think the half life of these will be scattered in the fields?

Last edited:
They announced a couple of weeks ago that they would be hitting retail markets...they are like Bic lighters....use em' and throw em ' away. ! My only concern is the world has created enough garbage...I would think in today's market ( anybody feel free to chime in and correct me if you disagree) especially with the scarcity of shells, that 90% of all brass is being reloaded or recycled. What do think the half life of these will be scattered in the fields?
Us "reloaders", recycling before it was cool!

The scattered plastic rounds fit right in with the shotgun hulls.

Yes polymer cased ammo actually several years old nothing new non-reloadable at least when I saw it at first definitely not worth the price being asked
The claim is now that they're reloadable. I question how long the plastic will hold up and there are many questions to do with powder bulk density, energy density and burn rate to deal with what I presume must be a case wall that's much thicker than brass causing a reduction in case capacity and what that'll do to performance and what powders might hit the market specifically to deal with that kind of issue but I also suspect nobody in their right mind would even bother reloading what is by any reasonable measure ammo meant to be mag dumped into garbage.

I think most people here will understand what you saying SkipGlow, but the government that likes to talk about trash and pollution don't really care. I think that these could be recycled as easy glide applicators for ladies items. Just trying to think outside the box.
That was thinking....in the box Red!🤣 Maybe should have said: Bingo Daubers!

Last edited: