Anyone seen something like this before?

Here's the picture of the chamber, wow

Attachments

• 96AA3B9E-D9D8-4202-8993-CFDFADCF2C62.png
    96AA3B9E-D9D8-4202-8993-CFDFADCF2C62.png
    522.8 KB · Views: 79
Bear creek is who he bought it from.
It's weird because he has purchased several different ones through them and they have all been good to go.
They are going to take it back and do right for him
To be honest they were the first to come to my mind before you even mentioned who it was. I have bought a upper from them in the past. It was a decent deal even after I made the needed changes. Nothing this drastic though. And I guess it can happen to any manufacturer turning out large numbers of products. I see many issues where I work in constructing windows. And I know we don't catch every mistake. But we do try to catch as many as humanly possible. And do try to make things right when customers catch them. Would I buy another upper from them ? Yes, but I would definitely make sure, as much as possible, it is sound. With these budget rifles you kind of figure they will need a thing or two. At least I do.

Is that how that happens?
I couldn't figure out how it could do that without messing up something else.
No matter what, this is the first I have ever seen something like this
Chips are supposed to be flushed out with cutting fluids/oils coming in through the muzzle. If not, they'll get swept into the cutting edge of the cutter or pack up in the flutes. If the cutter is dulling (or chipped), chips could stick and cause rough finish or grooving. Chips can actually weld themselves to cutters in the worst conditions, dullness, friction, heating, welding. It's operator error to not check the cutter and the reamed finish every time.