Anyone running a 20" 7 SAUM, or the like?

That's pretty good Travis! That's about where mine runs. It's under 2.9" with a 180 vld but you must be doing something right! Congrats!

That's pretty good Travis! That's about where mine runs. It's under 2.9" with a 180 vld but you must be doing something right! Congrats!
Mine with a 180 is about the same. I can go faster but it shoot well there. In the 28" barrel elr rifle we run them at 3130 in norma brass. Still not a top end load

Mine with a 180 is about the same. I can go faster but it shoot well there. In the 28" barrel elr rifle we run them at 3130 in norma brass. Still not a top end load
That's good and good you didn't have to use a stepped throat because I don't know of any that last, as you said.

If barrel length is such a concern why go with the muzzle break ? If it were I and I was set on the 7mm saum I would keep the extra inches and deal with the recoil .

To the original poster.....you may have to switch powders in a 20" barrel. I know a 22" will burn it fine however at 2870 range

I was just considering a similar combo. 7 SAUM with a 22" barrel in a Manners compact stock. I was thinking I could get a 175 ELDx to 2750-2800. That would be a nice handy combo.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.