Anybody used Swift's for LRH????

sunshinegirl

Dealer I keep meeting at gun shows has quite a few boxes of Swift's in .338's 275 gr. at less than half price. Not many people buying such heavy bullets, so I can get a better deal. He has quite a few Barnes in .338 too, but the older style. Any thoughts... would use them in my RUM. Rachel

The Swift A-Frame, and the Scirocco II, are very tough, bonded bullets. If you keep your range ''limmited'' to what the Swift will reliably expand at, velocity wise, you kinda short change yourself. Im all for tough bullets, and if I were hunting Griz, or ''dangerous game'' Swift would be my number 1 choice, but for L/R...... Id lean the other way with a much more fragile bullet.
As for the Barnes bullets, the TTSX supposedly has an easier time expanding at lower velocities-longer range- vs the TSX, or the origional X bullet.
Both Swift and Barnes would be some of my favorite pics if I was limmited on distance. But IMO the Accubond is my hands down favorite for all-round near or far. And from what Ive read the Berger, or SMK, seem to reign supreme for dedicated big bore L/R.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.